Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniellelynn Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 11:02 AM
    gyno found blood in urine
    I visited my gyno last week and I was telling her about severe pain I have been experiencing for the past few years. It feels like someone is in my pelvis area stabbing me with a little knife, sometimes the pain lasts for hours and all I can do is lay in bed and take it. Also sometimes it feels like there is an open wound inside me and there is salt on it. And at times my back will cramp up and it feels like I'm having menstrual cramps in my back. I have tried to tell them about this on my other visits but they acted like it was nothing. They tested my urine this time and found blood in it but she said my white blood cell was normal. I can t see the blood, they had to use a microscope. She tested to see if I was pregnant and it was negative. So she set me up at my hospital to take a ivp. I did the colon cleanse that Sunday and went Monday for x-rays. Well they came back normal and my pap came back normal. About 3 years ago they found pre cancer cells in my cervix and did a leep procedure to remove them. They checked me a few months after that and nothing had came back. They said if they do come back it will show an abnormal pap. Which mine wasn't last from last week. I'm just worried to what the blood in my urine and this sever pain could be. Also sometimes there is blood in my stool that I can see.. sometimes it's a lot. This has been happening for about a year. I feel like I'm falling apart!
    kitten420 Posts: 237, Reputation: 20

Dec 19, 2008, 01:53 PM

If you think something is wrong with your body and your gyno says your OK and you still expieriance the pain I would find a new gyno.

Dec 19, 2008, 02:00 PM

Yes I am thinking about doing that.. the nurse I talked to today said my dr was out of town but if she feels like I need different tests done she will call me.. I wanted to be like yes I need more tests.. this isn't normal.. im going to call back Monday and talk to my dr. and if that doesn't help I'm going to try and find someone that will. They just don't seem to be too concerned with what I was telling them when it could be lots of things wrong.
    kitten420 Posts: 237, Reputation: 20

Dec 21, 2008, 09:03 AM

Yea I would deff do that. I also pee blood but you can see mine and I have been doing it for 2 years. I just got my inscurance so I am finally going to figure out what's wrong. But when there is a sign of blood in your urine it isn't normal and it means something is wrong with your body. So you should get all the possible tests that you can done to see what's going on.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 11:51 AM
    I might suggest visiting a urologist instead of a gyno. This sounds as though it could be kidney problems and gynos are not particularly educated in that area.

Dec 21, 2008, 01:37 PM

I had an ivp done Monday.. thats were they take x-rays of your kidneys and bladder all that stuff and it was normal.

Dec 21, 2008, 01:38 PM
    And it was done at the hospital not the gyno office. I had to go to the diagnostic part of the hospital.
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Dec 25, 2008, 02:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by daniellelynn View Post
    i had an ivp done monday..thats were they take xrays of your kidneys and bladder all that stuff and it was normal.
    Post the results from your urinalysis.

Dec 25, 2008, 08:13 PM
    All they said was the ivp was normal.

Dec 25, 2008, 08:14 PM
    I'm not sure about the urinalysis.. all they told me was about the blood found.
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Dec 26, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by daniellelynn View Post
    i'm not sure about the urinalysis..all they told me was about the blood found.
    You can call them and request a copy of the results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood in urine and nobody has answers [ 15 Answers ]

I have been peeing blood for 2 years. I used to have ITP and I also have a positive ANA. I have been through surgery in my bladder and they did a liquid x ray on my kidneys I have also had ultra sounds on my kidneys . I have been tested for stds and any possible uti infection. All are negative....

Blood in urine normal or. [ 5 Answers ]

Dear sir, 2 year back I noticed blood while urinating with cutting pain then it disappeared then again after 2 years I noticed blood with pain once is it normal Kindly reply me Thanking you Sincerely yours jitenndra

Blood in urine [ 3 Answers ]

My 10-year old cat has recently taken to urinating in the various sinks of our house and takes forever to pass even the smallest amounts of urine. Today when I went into the bathroom I noticed that her urine had blood in it, but the next time she urninated it was clear again. Does anyone know what...

Medicine in blood or urine [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take vicodin to leave the system?

Blood in the urine [ 2 Answers ]

I've been really worried lately. Ive had blood in my urine for the past year(its been only detected through a urinating in a cup and tested with the dip stick). The doctor thought it was a urinary tract infection but it wasn't then she thought it was kidney stones but my kidneys were fine. Can...

View more questions Search