Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luzski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Sole physical custody
    My husband is using drugs and right now he is doing the short outpatient rehab for 6months and I have a temporary custody of my kids. How can file for sole custody?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by luzski View Post
    my husband is using drugs and right now he is doing the short outpatient rehab for 6months and i have a temporary custody of my kids. how can file for sole custody?

You file a Petition for custody, you present your proof, the Court decides what is in the best interest of your children.

That's the short version - :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Primary physical custody and joint legal custody [ 2 Answers ]

My son and his wife are divorced now, they have joint legal custody mother has primary physical custody because my son is in the military and he was told that she had to have primary physical custody in order to enroll the child in school. However she doesn't have my son listed as a contact person...

Getting sole custody [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 6 months pregnant and going through a divorce (though my lawyer is trying for an annullment due to fraud on my husbands behalf). He keeps telling me that he is going to take the baby and that there is nothing that me or my family can do about it. He also called last night and left a voicemail...

Sole custody [ 4 Answers ]

The father of my daughter is a sneaky bastard, anyhow I just found out he is taking her to greece and my not come back... he has sole custody and they say I have no rights to my daughter... they say they are reserved... I can't afford an attorney and live in another state... anyone have any advice

View more questions Search