Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rinpochet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 06:46 AM
    New dent?es need fixative?
    I just had new lower dentures made and wondered iif it is normal to need to use denture adhesive with them? The dentist had told the technicians to make them thin as the preliminary denture felt huge but the only way they feel comfortable is with adhesive to keep them in place. My dentist isn't around right now and will call when he gets back but just wondered if anyone knows if this is normal.

Appreciate any feedback :)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 06:55 AM

It is normal and I think it is usually because they didn't make a tight enough fit. Dental adhesive tape is better than the dental adhesive 'goop'
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2008, 11:42 AM

Lower dentures are always difficult to wear. Food gets trapped under them all the time.

Use the adhesive. Don't use too much... just three tiny drops on the denture, most people use more than they need to.

You may need to have your dentist reline them sooner than later.

Good luck.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Dec 19, 2008, 09:53 PM

Lower ones tend to move around a lot... not much suction to hold them in, like the uppers. If they don't fit as well as your previous one, it may need to be relined.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Much It Costs To Fix This Dent [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, OK I recently got a car about 2 months ago and I dinged it, not on the road but just by backing up out of the driveway. Here's what happened. When I come home, my mom always parks DANGEROUSLY close to my car, like I'm a size 0 in pants XS in juniors, and I can't even get in the...

Anyone ever had to repair a car dent? [ 1 Answers ]

How much would it cost to repair a dent located above the front right tire on the body. The car is a 2007 Ford Mustang... Any Suggestions?

Dent in laptop screen [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, my dad bought me a very nice HP Pavilion Entertainment Laptop for Christmas, and I have been enjoying it greatly. Around a month ago, I noticed there is a small, half a centimetre dent-like mark in one part of the screen that makes the area it covers slightly darker. When I turn off the...

View more questions Search