Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jul 24, 2006, 02:59 PM
    I agree with you philly, a lot of about what you said, right now I think we are kind of veering of the course of whether prostitution should be legal, to the different views on sex between men and women. And this was a big discussion in the psychology course I took, men have a different view like philly was explaining. Sex has a tendency to be more of a release with men than women, not saying it isn't a release for women, just it's more for men in my opinion. I mean take a look at teenage boys/girls. I happen to be one of them, men think about a more a day then do women, and also sex isn't viewed the same way. Men need a release, like a tension release, and they just need that physical contact. A lot of the time they don't care what women it is, they just need them to be there. I am not saying men don't want a relationship were sex is more affectionate and there is a connection, but there is times when they just need sex. Like women do. However, I think they/we need it more often, again I am talking about the release. I think that has everything to do with the heighten amount of testosterone in males, and that's why the just need to well DO IT. I think that is why sex is viewed differently. Because on one hand, men view as a release, where it just needs to be done, but also like a connection between two people. But the percentages vary, and that's where you get different views within the male society. I also believe women see it the same way, but their percentages learn more toward connection, then does the average male. Of course there are always anomalies, however I believe that the difference in men and women, psychologically and biologically explain the different views on sex.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 24, 2006, 04:28 PM
    Maybe we need to start a new thread?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jul 24, 2006, 07:05 PM
    LOL! So many tangents - I love it! :)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 25, 2006, 02:42 PM
    Here in Europe, prostitution has been legal, where the prostitutes pay taxes, get medical examinations, and have health insurance. They are even starting up a 'retirement plan'.

I'm sure that all the US soldiers who were stationed in Europe are aware of this and they surely did not find it a 'disgrace' while being stationed here.

Europe is also a very Christian community, so much so that on most religious holidays everything is closed. There is even a 'Christian democratic union' in Germany - so how much more 'Christian' can one get.

There are several red light districts in Europe and it is the oldest profession in the world. I think the puritanic attitude is way out of place no matter where you live in the United States. We all know that sex happens, clean, perverted, or experimental and criminal - it's a fact of life.

So, please no more false 'shame, shame/tsk, tsk' Lets face reality.

The difference between a call girl and a poor 'slut' is that one gets paid - but they both get passed around a lot - but one gets medically checked and less likely to pass around diseases. Which would you rather have in your community? They both could be a relative - you never know.

Just my opinion - but it would give law enforcement time to seek out real criminals, if it ever got legalized.

Jul 25, 2006, 02:48 PM
    I understand that europe has a different view on it, then most of the u.s. which can be seen with legalization of it in europe. I just think right now, that for american's it's a taboo subject. Like drugs. The majority just doesn't want to face it. Also, it's hard because America has so many more people, than one european country. And there attitudes are very diverse depending on where you go in this country. I mean the midwest and biblebelt will be most likey not to want to make it legal. I think it's one of those topics the government wants to steer clear from right now, because we already have a war going as well as a war on drugs. There plate is pretty full, and I don't blame them for trying to shove this in the closet, and wait for a better time to tackle it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 25, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Comment on Chery's post
    Thank you Chery that was very insightful
    Expert

Jul 25, 2006, 03:04 PM
    Not to mention the profitability of the prison system, so much so they have mostly been privatized and they plan to build more. I also question the waiting for a better time. This is America and its always about the money.

Jul 25, 2006, 03:06 PM
    I undersand what you are saying though talaniman, but I mean honestly this wouldn't be your first pick on the time to actually to start and change the prostitution problem.
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Jul 25, 2006, 03:29 PM
    You are right, with all that is going on in the Middle East. That keeps the big politicians going. The drug problems are way out of hand. Meth is an epidemic. When elections are coming up, the gay activists are out there wanting to get married and adopt children. Then abortion is a big issue all of the time. The price of gas is outrageous with threats of higher prices. The prisons are overflowing with drug offenders. They are turning some of them over to private enterprise (scarey when that happens, that only means big business). And Hilary Clinton wants to run for president!! Now, who is left to worry about prostitution?? Politicians are just glad they are not on the welfare line or to legalize it so they can get subsidized.:)
    Expert

Jul 25, 2006, 04:29 PM
    Gee whizz (no pun intended) I am a radical from the 60's worked and made babies in the 70's Don't remember the 80's Got it together in the 90's and here we are faced with a lot of decisions on how to precede in the new century. Sorry folks no time is a good time but those politicians can do the same thing I had to do- earn their money. None of this happened overnight but to shove it in the closet??

Jul 25, 2006, 05:36 PM
    I am not saying that I necessarily want to shove it into the closet, but I am positive that the main focus of America will not be on legalizing prostitution at this time, and that at this time, with the war going on and other things, that the care/attention that it deserves from the american public will not be there.
    Expert

Jul 25, 2006, 05:39 PM
    Straight up honest debate is needed though
    missM Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2006, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    At the risk of sounding judegemental which is really not my intention as I have no leg to stand on for that here -- there are some things I don't think a human can do without having been previosuly "damaged" in some way. And this may be one of them. I don't think that meaningless sex is just a difference in value systems. I think the majority of reseach in the field has determined that sex is very much meant to be an extension of our affection (that's the psychology of it) and a means to procreate (that's the biology of it) both. Granted there is a big range out there for all of us to fall on one side or the other BUT for it to be reduced to just an appetitual thing is by no means the norm for humans (although men will more frequently claim this than women in my culture).

From what I saw in all kinds of women who sold sex, mostly its affected by something else, something that is getting in the way of intimacy, sexual or otherwise. The image of the "Pretty Woman" is pretty much Hollywood fanatasy. And I would bet those shrewed business women/call girls mentioned here would not hold up under closer scrutiny as being as balanced as they appear.

This is not just another means of making money since it comes with some other fairly "heavy" stuff, like it or not -- risk of the law, risk of societal condemnation, risk of disease dispite how careful you are, risk of being ripped off, risk of abuse and violence, even risk of self loathing in that you could wake up one day in immense regret, all this even in the best of circles. So it behooves to ask why would any woman risk all that. I think you'll find its a complicated answer at best.

I know I am running dangerously close to soundling like I suggesting that lack of morals is an illness of some sort and that isn't what I am implying. But people do damage far easier than we realise and that has its effect, some of which I can directly attribute to feeding prostitution, high society or low.
    Allow me to jump in here ;)

I'm one of those "shrewed business women/call girls". I will certainly agree that my line of work has changed me, but I don't necessarily believe it's for the worse. Anything has the potential to damage a person- relationships are a prime example. But what matters in such a case is how strong the person is, and whether they learn from the experience or whether they become ridden with guilt, heartache, regret etc. Personally, I do not regret my decision, and really I don't regret any other decision I've made in my past, even before I began doing what I do. Life is one big learning experience, and this is just another path that a person can choose to make.

Jul 25, 2006, 10:42 PM
    Comment on missM's post
    Such A Small World...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this legal? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for me to hack another one of my own computers?

Are we legal [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I live in england my girlfriend is 16 but I'm only 15 I have been wondering if it legal for us to have sex?;)

Is this legal ? [ 10 Answers ]

I currently accepted a job where I was under the impression I was to travel out of my surrounding area.During this last holiday break I received a phone call from the human resources that my itenerary would be in the mail.When I returned from my out of town holiday visit.I indeed received an...

Is It Legal [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My daughter is buying a mobile home and land package deal. She started buying it in 2002. In 2004 she lost her job and got behind on her payments. So the mortgage co put it in foreclosure. She paid a little over 5 thousand to stop the foreclosure. Then in 2005 she had to take a different...

Is Win MX Legal? [ 4 Answers ]

Is Win MX Legal? Cos I'm from singapore and the law here is kind of strict.. want to find out... Please reply, it's much appreciated. Thank you!

View more questions Search