Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbhutch88 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2006, 11:35 AM
    Acoustic guitar
    I'm looking at a number of acoustic guitars for sale. Im deciding between Ibanez, yamaha, and fender, all around the 300 dollar range. Please let me know what you think and what brand is the best quality.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2006, 01:44 PM
    There are a number of good guitars in the $300.00 range. I do not know how long or how well you play but, the most important thing for a new guitarist to consider is the neck. How far off the fret board are the strings? If they are to high, it will hurt your fingers and sooner than later, you will chuck it in the fire place! Just not worth the pain! As far as tone, for $300.00, you will not get exceptional tone but this is a personal matter of what you think sounds good. Shop around and play a lot of guitars. If you find one that doesn't hurt your fingers and sounds good, snag it. Also, used guitars can be a great bargin. Look in pawn shops and the paper. I have found some really good guitars, www.garrisonguitars.com - exceptional guitars with the AG series running about $300.00. I played one in a music store and bought it. A couple months later I bought one of their Limited edition guitars. I have owned many Fender Telecasters and Stratocasters and Gibson acoustic guitars and I think the garrisons are super good guitars and easy to play. Hey, good luck and keep on jammin man! ;)
    pulleyson Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Dude I wouldn't go wit a ibanze I would do wit fender or a yahma I've been playing for around 3 years if you did find a dean acoustic I would by it
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 01:40 AM
    Hi, pulleyson!

I know that you are new here and sometimes it can be hard to figure out how to use a site such as this. It's a good idea to look at the date of an original question before posting answers. I would think that since sbhutch88 posted the question in 2006, that sbhutch88 probably by now has obtained a guitar. It's also best to be using correct spelling and grammar on this site if you want to be understood the best since we operate here on an international level.

Thanks!
    stickyfiingers Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2011, 07:18 PM
    I agree with MAGPROB. There are a lot of good used guitars for sale. Check out eBay. If you are in mind to buy a new one, I would go with IBANEZ. I've looked at a bunch and IBANEZ seems to be the one that as better neck setup. The fenders in this price range all have a lot of fret buzz and higher string distance from the neck.
    One thing to make sure is that when you pickup the guitar that if feels almost like shaking hands with an old friend. You'll know it when you find it.Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guitar! Guitar!. need an online guru!. [ 9 Answers ]

Okay.. here's the thing: I have an electric guitar on me with a mini-amp and I love playing with it but I want to learn how to actually play it. After repeated 'playing' I have learned the strokes and fingering a little bit on my own but without some theoretical understanding, I don't seem to...

Quick Question: Guitar Price [ 4 Answers ]

Where would I look online to get the value or close-to of a 196? Silvertone Electric Guitar Model #319.14559 :confused: This may not be the right area to ask this, but I'm lost as to where to go to find out. Thanks in advance for ANYONE who responds to this. Happy Holidays!:D KitaKaT...

Guitar Tab to "More To Life" [ 1 Answers ]

Can You help my find Guitar Tab to the song "More To Life" by Stacie Orrico?

Website that has good guitar tabs [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a website that has good free guitar tabulature? How about Drum sheet music? I have looked but so many of the websites make you sign up for other free stuff first. Thanks in advance! :)

View more questions Search