Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 31, 2009, 08:03 PM

Are you also reggie18, or are just helping them out. I get confused when a question is asked by one name, and then taken over by another name. Either way, I hope we can get this solved. Good luck and please keep us posted.
    Reggie18 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 07:28 PM
    Nope not the same guy! My problem was the gasket in between the inducer and the heat exchanger which I fixed! He had done all the same steps as I did and we still could not figure it out! Like everyone else I thought it had to do with the exchanger but it is hard when you are not in front of the furnace itself.

Anyway hope that restrictor plate works... if you can could you post the model number of your furnace. I've actually never seen a rheem with a restrictor plate and would like to check it out.

Thanks
    GGman Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Feb 1, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Will do if my locale HVAC has a clue as to what I am talking about my Model is
    RGRA07EMAEB Rheem Classic 90 plus 75k BTU updraftwith 1/2hp blower if someone has a parts book with a number that would be great. If this part really do exist I think there is more than a few can learn from this one. BTW Reggie sorry for hijacking your thread as you stated you were having the same problem as me and thought you might be able to enlighten me. Will post tomorrow AM after talking to my HVAC shop.

Feb 1, 2009, 07:43 PM

Lol no problem as for taking over the thread just glad we could all learn and hopefully help out... all though This furnace is not very old and should not have a restrictor plate... are you on natural gas or propane?

Feb 1, 2009, 07:46 PM
    Propane

Feb 1, 2009, 07:48 PM

Ah OK then there is a small possibility of a restrictor plate that could come with the conversion kit Armstrong have these as well
    greghvacguy Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Feb 1, 2009, 09:51 PM

Sorry not shure if rheem has or had them on the inducer.I should have said check and see if you need one.I know Heil has them and have to take them off the old inducer.I have been out on calls where someone changed the inducer and never put it on and found the pressure switch will not close. Would be easer to fix this furnace if we can get in front of it.
    Looks like we need a web cam... lol
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 05:02 PM

Rheem doesn't have the restictor plate, like some furnaces do. Conversion kit comes with orifaces and gas vavle spring.

Sorry about the confusion Reggie, hope we can help the other guy.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 04:39 AM
    No restrictor plate? If NASCAR gets wind of this, someone's gettin' DQ'd.

Feb 3, 2009, 10:37 AM

Okay here is the deal. Called the only authorized dealer in the city of 1 million for the restrictor. It does exist but not with the conversion kit. It comes with the draft inducer not by itself. BTW they were willing to sell me one for 465 plus tax. My mistake was not buying from them and being ripped off. I got the OEM part from Fasco through a electric motor dealer. Fasco does not add the restrictor it is Rheem themselves and charge an extra 200 dollars over what I paid for the same part. Damn expensive hole reducer. All this hassel to replace a simple noisy motor before it failed. Any one got a picture or specs of the reducer it would be greatly welcome. It would save me from doing the math calculations to figure it out myself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Power Venter (aka Heat Inducer and Draft Inducer) will not start on Goodman. [ 8 Answers ]

FURNACE: Made by: Goodman Model #: GMPN080-4 THE POWER VENTER (this is what the Goodman manual calls it but other websites refer to this as the Heat or Draft Inducer): Made by: FASCO Industries 70219565 Type: U218 Volts: 115 RPM3400 Customer Part #: B2833001S

Inducer Motor Problems [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Gas Furnace installed in 1997 and have been experiencing the following problems: The usual run for the furnace has been inducer motor on, ignition (with flames), and then the blower motor comes on. I have been having the inducer motor come on, run for about three minutes,...

Blower problems [ 6 Answers ]

My heat pump has intermittent problem. In the ac mode every once in a while the blower motor fails to come on. When this happens I turn the switch to heat and turn the thermostat all the way up the blower comes on. I then turn it back to cool turn the thermostat down and it stays on and cycles...

Darft Inducer Blower - Heil DC90 [ 3 Answers ]

My gas furnace worked fine until a day or so ago. Everything works OK during furnace startup, but the draft inducer motor does not turn off until the call for heat is over. The draft inducer motor shuts down the same time as the burners shut down. Is this normal? Isn't the inducer motor suppose...

Inducer starts, but blower/furnace never fire [ 6 Answers ]

My furnace suddenly stopped working today. The thermostat triggers properly, and the inducer fan starts running, but furnace never fires and the blower doesn't come on. If I turn the blower on manually at the thermostat, it runs fine. The furnace is an older Payne/Carrier natural gas/forced air...

View more questions Search