Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Naveen6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Is Percentage based salary Legal for H1B VISA ?
    Hi

Is Percentage based salary LEGAL for H1B VISA ? Ex: (70-30) like this.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 08:29 PM

Don't understand your question... who gets 70? And who gets 30?

Dec 18, 2008, 08:33 PM

Iam generally asking is this LEGAL for H1B VISA.

I am planing to transfer my H1B and getting Percentage based offers from different employers.
    Factsplz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 08:49 AM
    You do not have to worry about what "%" you get from your petitioner (H1 visa Sponsor).
    What you need ( and your sponsor as well) is that you get paid an "Amount" greater than or equal to that petitioned on your LCA or form I129. It clearly states the minimum salary you will be paid annually.

Hope that helps , let me know of further questions if any

Dec 22, 2008, 06:06 PM

Thanks for the Information. I have one more question.

In '%' basis the is employee need to pay employeer tax also or who need to pay?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal status (student visa) becoming legal resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a legal resident green card holder and have been so for 28 years. I met someone and fell in love and got married. The problem is she is here on a student visa. I would like to know if it is possible for her to obtain legal obtain status. There are a few circumstances that I feel that may...

Imputting income based on girlfriends salary ? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello to all I am currently paying child support in New York I recently moved in with my girlfriend to New Jersey my ex is taking me back to court to have the support increased how will my new living arangment affect the amount of support that I have to pay ?can the impute income based on her...

Percentage of salary with regard to 401K [ 5 Answers ]

I currently have 40% of my income taken out for my 401K plan. A friend told me that I can be taxed and penalized when there is too much taken out for 401K. When I reach the maximum, there is no longer any taken out; however, she asked her financial planner and also her tax guy and they both...

L2 based EAD to work as 1099Misc legal? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please let me know whether it is legal for anyone with L2 based EAD to work as a independent contractor and get paid in 1099 MISC instead of in W2?

View more questions Search