Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nothandy19 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Adjusting Idle on my Polaris snowmobile
    What do I need to do to adjust the adjuster idle on my 2000 Polaris 700 SKS? I'm thinking that I need to adjust when it's running to about 1500 RPMs.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2008, 08:31 PM

Most small engines have two screws. A big one and a small one. The big one is mixture for high speed and the small is mixture for low. Idle is a separate adjustment.
    nothandy19 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Okay... so the internet says to turn the screw 1x and the manual that my sled came with says 1 1/2 x... which would you recommend?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 10:11 AM

Usually those numbers are used to get it started. Like seat fully and back out 1.5 turns. If you have high and low speed screws then adjust each at their particular speed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Polaris won't start [ 1 Answers ]

4 stroke 425 4x4 magnum. It began by not starting, but try again in 20 min. or so and would start fine. The 20 min. wait time kept getting longer until now it won't start even with a little shot of ether. This progressed over a period of 4 months.

88 Chevy has fluctuating idle and extremely low idle turning either direction. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 88 Chevy pickup. It originally started as a low idle when turning sharp either directing (and sometimes dieing) and evolved into the idle fluctuating up and down when you are straight. I don't notice this when driving, only when idling or turning. I took it to a Chevy dealer, and they...

Timer on my Polaris [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect the wiring for the motor that runs my Polaris? There are 5 ports (2 are for "line" and 2 are for "load")? Thanks.

Polaris Sweeper has little flow [ 1 Answers ]

My Polaris is not sweeping strongly. I detached it from the wall of the pool, then turned on the pump (my Polaris pump will not run without the pool pump... so that is fine) and the pressure of water coming out seemed fine. Where is the water flow slowing down between the pool wall and the...

View more questions Search