Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Emission trouble
    I have an 89 buick lesabre with a 3.8L engine.is there someone who can tell me which part of the emission system controls the (HC(ppm),CO(%) ) thank you
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2008, 08:08 AM

Everything is interrelated. There could be one part of the system that has failed or it could be a whole bunch of little things. If you do not know much about cars, then I would suggest to save yourself a lot of money to simply take it to a GM dealer and pay them to hook it up and give you a list of problems. Otherwise it is hit and miss.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 03:52 PM

Is there a code stored in the computer? Checking that out might help point you in the right direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emission Spectra [ 2 Answers ]

How can you tell a star is mainly comprised of hydrogen from emission spectra? I thought emission spectra were related to the discrete energy levels obtainable by the electron in the atom. But in a star, the temperatures mean that the matter is plasma right? Then aren't all the electrons stripped...

Aircraft emission [ 6 Answers ]

How and why are two lines of cloud formed by airoplanes. What type of airoplane engines cause this(is it is caused only by war planes or do commercial planes too emit this parallel clouds?

Emission inspection [ 2 Answers ]

My 2002 GMC yukon XL will not pass emission inspection due to OBD not giving a reading out the computer. The technician suggested I take it in for service and check all fuses. I check all the fuse and did not see any fuse blown or related to the OBD. Can anyone help?

Emission control [ 1 Answers ]

What is emission control and what instruments control it in a 1991 honda accord ex. Specifically what is :crank case emission control, exhaust emission control and evaporative emission control.also what is ignition timing control system?

View more questions Search