Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Addison08 Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

Dec 18, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Is there anyone that could interpret this strange dream for me?
    Every since I was little I've always dreamed strange dreams. Dreams about stuff before it happened, dead relatives, and spirits I didn't even know. Usually when I have a dream it's an indication of something more. I've always written them down as far as I can remember, but this new one is baffling. I have a hard time interpreting my own dreams sometimes. Also I couldn't find a category for just "dreams."

There is this guy that I am interested in. Though he hasn't asked me out we've been making contact off and on since way back in October. I talked about it in another post because I'm just baffled by him.

Last night I dreamed that I was standing in front of my grandma's old rotary phone. I haven't seen this phone in years! Not since both of my grandparents had passed on. Well it started ringing and I picked it up. The guy was on it. He said, "hey this is J. and I said hi, how are you, he said great, you?" Just casual, nothing unusual, though it made me happy that he called. Then he said, "well my aunt is having a family reunion..." I half expected him to ask me..but he said "I've been speaking to my brother-in-law. He gave me some advice.." I said "okay, what did he say?" He said "well (he is a cop so this would make more sense if I knew cop..codes?) The channel frequency can be picked up from this location...you see sometimes the frequency can be mixed up in this location.." and then he started spouting off numbers. If you've ever listened to a cop show or a cop radio you can hear them listing different numbers for different situations. But as he was doing this my child started crying and I told him that I had to go and woke up. (Which she was really crying when I woke up.)

If anyone has any idea of what this could possibly mean I would appreciate it. Thank you.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Dec 19, 2008, 12:14 AM

Michael Harner (author of Way of the Shaman) tells of South American tribes that are big on dreams and shamanic trance experiences. They talk about "little" dreams, which are just dreams in which your brain is working out some of the stuff going on inside it--basically just the psychological stuff Freud and those guys wrote about; and then there are "big" dreams in which in the dream you actually go to real places and meet real people and things in the universe, albeit on a different level ("plane" for lack of a better word) in the universe than your waking life. From what you describe, it sounds like you have been having "big" dreams, shamanic or psychic dreams, all your life. In fact you have quite a knack for it.

I would say this dream with the telephone is a big dream, too. The phone is real.

When I read the first part of the dream, about the phone and how it made you happy to hear from the guy, my first thought was that on some level, your brain had developed a psychic connection to this person, and in the dream, the telephone was the symbol of that connection. Especially since it's an old fashioned phone. It's something that exists at an older or more basic or primal level than the ordinary world we now live in, with electronics and cell phones.

Then there is the part about him naming various relatives of his. Perhaps this refers to other connections he has, how he is plugging you into the network of his life.

Lastly, he's talking about tuning into a frequency in which if you both tune in, there can be a connection, a flow of energy, between you. That really sounds like a psychic link between two people. So maybe you have that with this guy. On some level, he is a soul mate. Or could be one. The potential is there.

I mean soul mate in the sense of someone with whom you might have a soul to soul, or mind to mind, link or bond. Whether that is a good thing, or something you want, remains entirely up to you. You can feed such a link and make it stronger if you like, or sever it if it is not in your best interest or his to keep it.

Anyway, my suggestion is that if you want the link between you to manifest more fully, tell him the dream. Don't tell him any interpretations, just describe the dream itself and see what he has to offer in response.

Blessings,

Alder

Dec 19, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Thank you for your response. I've been thinking about that dream non-stop since it occurred. I don't know how this man feels about me in person. He definitely seems interested in me and shows up randomly. When he doesn't show up I am miserable. When he does show up it makes me happy but he always has to go. He is in law enforcement so his time is short here.

I've had two dreams previous to this; about him. The first dream was back in November. I wrote him a letter that said "you don't know me, you don't love me, I am but a stranger to you. I wanted to tell you that you must rest, if you don't you will get sick. If you don't rest you will get sick." I was holding a parchment and a fountain pen and my handwriting was exquisite.

In the next dream which was two weeks later he wrote back. His letter said something to the effect of, "dear, A. I like you, I've liked you since the first day I met you. I'd really like to get to know you..." I cannot recall the rest of it but I was happy to hear back from him that I woke up instantly thinking he had. The dreams were so vivid that it broke my heart to wake up.

In another post I have I've asked everyone what they think about him and I. I've gone into detail about when he shows up and how long he stays. Each time it does get a little bit longer then the last. One day he showed up early in the morning when I was half awake just to check on me. The only reason I question if he has feelings is because he is so devoted to his work that I cannot tell if he is here on duty or personal reasons. He obviously has to have a reason to show up and we talk about everything when he does.

I know these dreams are important. But sometimes I doubt myself.

Thank you & Blessings

Dec 28, 2008, 10:23 PM
    I'm sort of reiterating here, but in a way I'm not. Since a new dream occurred. It has only been a week so oddly they are getting closer together. I always have a dream now then he either calls or shows up for real. It's getting a little more interesting.

Last night I dreamed that I was standing in front of a mirror. I was looking at my face and smiling and said "I haven't done anything, brushed my teeth, put on my make up, I look awful and you've already shown up.." He said "I think your so pretty..." He was standing in the doorway of my bathroom staring at me, in his uniform. We smiled at each other then he turned to leave, I followed him to the front door and he walked through it. I turned and looked at the living room and my mom was sitting on the couch. She said "he really does want you.." She was so sure of herself that it made me laugh. It was as if she was saying - he likes you, he thinks your beautiful, just wait...- The feeling I got from the dream was an overwhelming love and happiness. The part where he disappeared into the door made my breath catch in my throat. Seriously I felt sort of sad that he left so quickly and in such a weird way. It was so vivid I felt like it really happened. My house seemed so real in the dream I even touched the couch and it felt real. I woke up unsure of what the dream meant.

Am I going crazy now?

Also: In the dream, the mirror was very clear and clean. The whole bathroom was. It seemed so bright but it felt really warm. I could see my reflection very clearly in the mirror.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Dec 29, 2008, 05:52 PM

When you dream about the same person that much, it's pretty clear that you have strong feelings about him. If there is a psychic component to the dream (as we talked about earlier), maybe he has feelings for you, too, and some kind of psychic connection, like a permanently open IM window on your computer desktop, has developed, or at least has the potential for developing. But whether that means you would make good romantic partners is another story. Maybe you would do better as friends, or maybe only as people who can help each other develop and train psychic talents. Only one way to find out. It's called a reality check. ;) Level with him that he's been showing up a lot in your dreams (give as much or as little detail as seems wise) and ask him what he thinks of that.

Good luck!

Dec 30, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Thanks the next time I see him maybe it will come up in conversation. I'm not to close to this person just yet. I have thought about asking him out on a date. However it's the idea of rejection or that he might be married that keeps me from asking. But what's life with a little bit of risk taking? Have you noticed the trend? It went from writing on paper, to phones, to him showing up? It's so unusual for me to dream about someone this much. I don't ever recall dreaming about any of the other people I've dated. My mom suggested that there's a connection and maybe something to do with a past life. She thinks that's why he has hesitated on asking me out. Who knows?

:o Thank you for your advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interpret dreams dream pleasee. [ 6 Answers ]

this morning I woke up at 4:30 because my stomach and throat hurt and plus my cat was waking up and started to meow but once I feel back asleep an hour later I had the weirdest dream. Last week this boy that goes to school with me commented my on myspace picture and told me "27th....best day of...

Could you interpret this dream? [ 6 Answers ]

By the way, if this is in the wrong forum, please move it.. anyway... in the.. conscious world, lol.. my girlfriend and I have been taking a break.. due to her having trouble in her family.. she felt that she should keep me away from the situation in order for it not to harm our relationship.....

Interpret my dream [ 1 Answers ]

This is my dream I need interpretation for this one. While I was stepping into seminary building along with my friend I saw a huge dragon in the sky. All of a sudden its stomach was swollen people on the ground very much scared whole world scared of seeing it, and they tried to kill it but no...

Strange dream! [ 5 Answers ]

I had a dream that I would marry a guy I like right now. Does that mean I will marry him eventually or the opposite...

Interpret my dream/ please, anyone [ 3 Answers ]

I had this dream about a couple of weeks ago about a friend that I have known for only a month. I have a lot of premonitions (my dreams come true very often) so I'm curious what this one could mean. In the dream, my friend was on the ground unconscious at night and her car was just sitting in the...

View more questions Search