Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygiraffe123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2006, 07:29 AM
    Diabetes symptoms?
    I had gestational diabetes in my second pregnancy in 2004 and was told that I am at a high risk of developing diabetes mellitus later on. For the past month or so, I have been urinating more than usual, been extremely hungry and thirsty, sleepier than usual, my eyes have been sore and my vision blurred, very irritable, and extremely dizzy. I really want to go have myself checked, but I'd be afraid of wasting my time by going all the way down to my dr's office and finding out it's NOT diabetes. I'd just feel stupid. My question is, do any of these symptoms sound at all like diabetes and should I see a dr? I really need some advice. If anyone can help me, that would be great. Thank you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 13, 2006, 07:31 AM
    Some of these symptoms do sound like the beginnings of Type II Diabetes. You must go see your doctor to be sure.

Please do not think you will be wasting your time if that is not the diagnosis, there may something else wrong.

So my advice is to make a phone call and go see your doctor.
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

Jul 19, 2006, 11:57 PM
    Never feel stupid about seeing the doctor. Remember,an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Never play with your health. There is only one you.
    babygiraffe123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Thank you so very much for your advice. I did indeed go to the doctor to be tested for diabetes, and it turns out, I do NOT have it. I did, however, discover that I can no longer have any caffeine, because my symptoms were caused by a bad reaction to any caffeine product. If it weren't for your helpful advice, I would have gone on living with this condition for the rest of my life. Thanks again for the advice and God bless.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2006, 07:21 PM
    See a doctor immediately and get your blood sugar checked! These could well be signs of diabetes. They also could be signs of numerous other conditions but you've got to get checked out by a doctor one way or another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a bloodt test for diabetes and my doctor wants to see me again as it was a bit high, I have been told to stay awat from sweet things and carbos by another diabetic that I know, I was wondering if there is a possibility as after a meal with carbos in I am ill, usually my stomach, it plays...

Diabetes symptoms... delay in testing [ 1 Answers ]

I just called my dr's office to set up an appointment to be tested for diabetes, but my family doctor is only taking urgent cases today, so I have to wait and call back next Friday, which I wasn't very happy about. I really don't want to wait another week for this. I'm still experiencing specific...

3 yr. Old and type 1 diabetes? Hereditarily. [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 children: 6 yr. old girl, 3 yr. old son, and a 5 month old daughter. The two younger ones' father has type 1 juvenile diabetes. He has to take insulin shots several times a day. I know that my children have only a slightly higher change to develop diabetes than others, but that still is...

3 yr. Old & type 1 diabetes? Hereditarily. [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 children: 6 yr. old girl, 3 yr. old son, and a 5 month old daughter. The two younger ones' father has type 1 juvenile diabetes. He has to take insulin shots several times a day. I know that my children have only a slightly higher change to develop diabetes than others, but that still is...

View more questions Search