Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

Dec 18, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Anybody have a Samsung epix?
    I am going to get a new cellphone sometime in the next week. (A perfect Christmas gift from my Hubby!) I am almost certain I have decided on the Samsung Epix. I currently have a Samsung Sync, and it does everything I want (except no full keyboard), I just want a newer, cooler phone, and I'm loving the idea of windows mobile.

Here is what I want in a phone:

1. GREAT web browser, OR the capability of running Opera Mini. I want to view webpages as much like the real computer as possible. On my current phone the web browser sucks and doesn't display much of anything. So I downloaded opera mini and I'm sooo happy :) I use the internet more from my phone than the actual computer. I stay logged into stuff like myspace, Facebook, THIS site, YouTube, etc on my current phone, which is why I also currently have an unlimited data plan ;)

2. A great camera. I do not even own a real camera. My phone takes all my pics from holiday parties to myspace profile pics so I want the camera to be a good one. This phone says it has a 2mp one, which is the same as my current phone.

3. I want to be able to edit my photos after I take them. On my sync I can do that. I can do negative, sepia, brightness, contrast, blur, milky, crayon,. you know, all those sorts of things including resizing and cropping.

4. I want an actual physical qwerty keyboard. I am so NOT into phones that only have a virtual touch keyboard on screen. I like touch screens, but I want the option of using keys instead sometimes.

5. I like the optical mouse feature, but I wonder how well it really works.

6. after seeing how much I rely on my phone, its obvious I need a good battery. Lol.

So I was wondering if any of you have a Samsung epix and how you would rate it? I have watched the cnet.com review and read user reviews from at&t website. But some of the stuff people say is a con is stuff I wouldn't be bothered by. What do you all think?

The only thing holding me back from just going with this phone is the fact that I'm going "if they went ahead and made this phone this great, why not improve the camera?"

Any thoughts would be great. :D

Dec 18, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Windows Mobile
    Please don't point and laugh... I don't have a winmobile phone yet and I don't know all about it.

I was wondering if you have to pay like yearly or something just for windows mobile? Is it like a subscription thing? Do the apps like Word, Excel, etc expire after so long after buying the phone? Or once you buy the phone its all yours until you ditch the phone?

Sorry to sound so ignorant. :x
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Dec 18, 2008, 12:23 PM

No, its like regular windows... you buy it and keep it.

But, I would think long and hard about getting a windows mobile phone. Apps are slow and buggy when compared to the blackberry and the new Google OS (t-mobile has it now)

Dec 18, 2008, 12:36 PM

Oh seriously? :( At work ( I am a supervisor at a Kroger ) we use the Opticon Windows mobile device to tell us how many people are in thte store and how many checklanes should be open and how soon they will need to be opened, and I have a blast playing around on it. Do you think they use a different or better version of windows mobile on their device? The phone I'm looking at has winmobile 6.1. (the device at work also functions as a phone too.)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2008, 12:41 PM
    That's the latest. My brother writes applications for Win Mobile devices. If it works for you hang on to it. It has more (free) customization options than iPhone or Symbian.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 18, 2008, 01:32 PM
    I have an iPaq 614 running WinMob and it's fine, although the battery life sucks big time, but that's true of most smart phones.

Really depends on what you are looking for in a smart phone.

Dec 18, 2008, 01:47 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cell-p...ix-293588.html

That's another question I asked that elaborates on what I want in a phone. Although I forgot to mention I like the fact that I would have MS Word and be able to text/email faster, which I do a lot of.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 01:53 PM

I have a symbian phone (Nokia N95) I Love it. They have a website Mosh tons and tons of free Apps. I never played with Win Mobile but if you like try it out.
    BossMan

Dec 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
    I've merged your threads as they make more sense when read together.

Have you thought about one of the new Blackberrys ?

Now I know it's not WinMob, but it has the other features you are after.

Dec 18, 2008, 02:50 PM

I have played with blackberries and I just can't figure them out.

Does anyone know if its possible to have MS Paint or something similar on a winmob phone? That would rock my socks off.
    BossMan

Dec 18, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Yes you can.
    There's a ton of app for WinMob, as well as a cut down office suite.

Dec 18, 2008, 03:28 PM

Omg (I really said that aloud!) that is so awesome! I would love doodling on ms paint while waiting in the doctors office etc! *uses robot voice* must get new phone */robot voice*
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Dec 22, 2008, 10:32 AM

If not specifically "paint" there are others apps Yes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need audio drivers for the Samsung x05 Laptop [ 1 Answers ]

hi to all, I have Samsung x05 laptop, recently I formated harddisk and installed windowsxp. Now the audio drivers are not taking send me the link for audio drivers as soon as posible laptop model is Samsung x 05. thanking you yours narayana

Samsung LCD TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have bought 32 " Samsung lcd TV 2 weeks back. There are 3 picture modes in TV . Dynamic,standard & movie mode. If I switch over to movie mode or standard mode, after some time , it goes back to dynamic mode automatically. I need solution for this problem. Pl help.

View more questions Search