Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Penguis17 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2006, 09:46 PM
    Self-piercing
    Within the last year I have pierced a second hole in each of my ears 3 separate times, each time purposefully letting them heal. I have also pierced my belly button twice and let it heal as well. I make sure to sterilize everything, and I've never had any problems with infections or anything like that, but is something wrong with me? I like the sensation of piercing and the look of the needle when you can see it in 2 parts, divided by skin. Reading through that last line, that sounds weird, but there it is anyway.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2006, 12:45 AM
    WOW u have some guts, that's all I can say.
    I couldn't do it...
    When I got my belly button pierced professional I screamed and pulled funny faces like a baby hehehe :D

Just be careful!
    no-words-here Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2006, 11:30 PM
    If it makes you weird, then it makes me weird. I think about it constantly, different places I could do it etc, and yeah go for it. I love the pain too, I understand. As long as you are careful with infection, go for it! :eek:
    Penguis17 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 10:19 AM
    Awesome! I just repierced my ears like 2 days ago and it equals happiness.
    ashleyandjenn302 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 09:16 PM
    be careful because you never know it might get infected the next time around
    lilgirly333 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguis17
    Within the last year I have pierced a second hole in each of my ears 3 separate times, each time purposefully letting them heal. I have also pierced my belly button twice and let it heal as well. I make sure to sterilize everything, and I've never had any problems with infections or anything like that, but is something wrong with me? I like the sensation of piercing and the look of the needle when you can see it in 2 parts, divided by skin. reading through that last line, that sounds weird, but there it is anyway.
    Can you tell me how you did the belly piercing by urslef? Because I'm having trouble...
    Ty :]
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Does the word infection not mean anything to all of you? Please be careful.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilgirly333
    can u tell me how u did the belly piercing by urslef? cus i'm having trouble...
    ty :]

Don't do it, plain and simple. You are having trouble because you don't know how to do it correctly. Get your parents consent, and if they give it to you, pay the $50 bucks and enjoy. You are not going to be having a fun time if you try and do it yourself.
    zakk wheeler Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 25, 2008, 09:12 PM
    That's not weird at all,I started doing it too when I was 14, but then I figured well I might as well put jewelry in it... so I've done my ears 6 times, tongue, nipples, 4 belly buttons,labret, nose and 2 eyebrows... I don't pierce myslef for pleasure anymore, but if you like the masochist feeling, I recommend sterilizing a razor blade and cutting your legs... srry if its creepy!
    RORO321 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguis17
    Within the last year I have pierced a second hole in each of my ears 3 separate times, each time purposefully letting them heal. I have also pierced my belly button twice and let it heal as well. I make sure to sterilize everything, and I've never had any problems with infections or anything like that, but is something wrong with me? I like the sensation of piercing and the look of the needle when you can see it in 2 parts, divided by skin. reading through that last line, that sounds weird, but there it is anyway.
    Wait can you tell me how you pierced your belly button because I'm going to do mine
    SpikesOneLove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 05:00 PM
    OK so I've been doing self piercings for about 6 years... all mine turned out perfectly fine I only have 3 now but its fine you just need to learn how to do it and what kind of needle to use other than that its your body so have fun
    MonicaMM Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 07:21 AM

I have given myself 10 piercings between my two ears, but had to take them out because of work. Please do the rightful thing, and get them professionally done. That way your are set with a nice set of titanium jewelry, and never get it done with a gun.
    SpikesOneLove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MonicaMM View Post
    I have given myself 10 piercings between my two ears, but had to take them out because of work. Please do the rightful thing, and get them professionally done. That way your are set with a nice set of titanium jewelry, and never get it done with a gun.

I'm training to become a professional because its what I love doing and you can actually go to the place buy the titanium jewlery and do the same thing they do because everything is already available...
    volta_rewind Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 03:54 PM

I wouldn't say you have a problem at all. I'd have to agree with you on this one actually. In the past two years I've pierced my monroe on both sides, my lips on both sides, my nose, and my belly button myself. I think that piercings are quite beautiful actually.
    paganprincess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 09:39 PM

I must admit I'm one for piercings. I have pierced my nose twice, my ear lobs 4 times my lip 3 times and the skin that joins your upper lip to your gum. Some people find piercings sick and class it as a form of self harm but personally if you enjoy it and your safe about it then go for it. Everyone has their "thing" they enjoy.
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Apr 17, 2009, 08:29 AM

About the whole good sensation, there is actually a reason. Cutting and self mutilation is one thing that releases endorphins in your brain. Don't know why. But that and excercising and chocolate do. But I'm not saying it's good. You should probably try to find something else that makes you feel good or you can really end up causing a bad infection. Be careful!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 07:59 AM

Piercings... I don't have a problem with when done by a PROFESSIONAL as they can be taken out.

But all these teenagers on here who are cutting themselves... how are you going to feel when you are 40 and have scars all over you? Yeah... that's a real turn on...
    myaa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2010, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RORO321 View Post
    wait can u tell me how you pierced your belly button because im gonna do mine
    its pretty hard to pierce your own belly button. But if you do, its best to use the proper stuff. Try to get ahold of a pair of forcep(t)s (idk the spelling) or a receiving tube. It supports the piercing. Also, get some STERILIZED needles, please don't just soak it in peroxide or hold a lighter to it. That never really does the job.
    If you have all that, put some dots where you want to pierce, close the forceps on it, but don't clamp them. It can cause damage. And push the needle through.
    I DO NOT think you should do it yourself, get it done by a pro. Its so much less painful.
    and I know. My spelling is horrible. =p
    gettingbetter8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2011, 11:00 AM
    To zakk wheeler
    That's self harm(cutting) I have done that for 5 yrs it is very self destructive. Please don't start if you haven't. Every day that I try to stop I regret that first cut

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue Piercing [ 35 Answers ]

I just thoguth aobut tongue piercing and began imagining how mad it would be. Having a piece of metal in your mouth. I want to get one of these when I'm older, because its pretty easy to hide, and doesn't make you seem like a punk or anything (unlike eyebrow studs or anything. Can people tell me...

How do I get my piercing licence? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on becoming a professional piercer and I have no idea where or how to get my licence, I live in mckinney texas(suburb of dallas) and I don't know where to go 2 get my licence I've heard you take a class and a test over it but I need to know where. If anyone could give me any...

Piercing the belly button [ 20 Answers ]

HEY ALL Well i am new here and i wanted to know can i peirce my belly button myself?? If so how?? And is it kinda like peircing the ears Thank you very much

Piercing license [ 2 Answers ]

I live in El Cajon, CA I just was wandering how or where do I go to get a piercings license?

Tattoo/piercing training [ 2 Answers ]

Hey again, I'm just asking for my boyfriend.. he wants to be a tattoo artist where can he get started? Do you go to school or get an apprentiship?? Anyone know?? I also would not mind learning how to peirce anyone got any information about this??

View more questions Search