Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roni1969 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 10:49 PM
    What are the chances of re-injuring reconstructed ACL?
    I had ACL reconstructive surgery last June. Everything has been totally fine until last Saturday. A couple of friends were moving a loveseat into my house for me and had to take my front door off the hinge to get it in. They propped the door against a wall and didn't give it enough of and angle I guess and I saw it falling. With out thinking I quickly went to catch it so to speak before the glass broke and before taking our christmas tree down with it!! It was a lot heavier than I had anticipated and when I caught it somehow twisted my knee, I guess. I heard a pop and immediately felt pain and swelling . I iced it down and by Monday seemed to be OK (limped a little ) yesterday it was totally OK and today were back to pain and a little swelling. I am scared to go to the dr, I do not want surgery and months of therapy. I was told that my acl which was reconstructed from my hamstring would be stronger that before my original one so could I maybe have bruised or stretched it?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 12:44 AM

Why take the chance?

I just had surgery today(WED) on my knee.Was the reconstruction that bad?

Heck,we aren't doctors much less have x-ray vision to tell you what happened.

If it got damaged get it fixed.OR you can nurse a possible problem till they have to replace the entire knee.

Good luck.
    roni1969 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Actually it was not that bad and now that a few days have passed it is just a little sore. Thanks though. The therapy towards the end of the 6 months was grueling
    BadgerBoy77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 02:55 AM
    Hello roni1969

I'm just interested to see how things have progressed? I re-injured my reconstructed ACL a few weeks ago - I didn't hear a pop, but if felt as if I stretched it (playing football), and as you described it was painful and swollen for a short time, before feeling OK again. I was very worried I'd re-ruptured or torn it, and when the pain I went I was relieved, but still a little concerned that I may have done something to it which I'd only find out when I tried to do contact sport again. So if everything okay now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are my chances? [ 4 Answers ]

So my boyfriend and I had sex about five weeks ago and he had a condom on. I am not on any birth control. I have had one period since then and now my period is 8 days late so naturally I'm wondering what's up. I haven't had any signs of my period either. I'm not super stressed out, nothing has...

What are the chances. [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have never had unprotected sex, we have always used condoms. I am not on the pill and I never have been. My last period was on July 12, which makes me 58 days late today. I have taken 4 HPTs, and a urine test at Planned Parenthood, and all have been negative. There has been no...

View more questions Search