Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quietboy27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Child Support Modification
    I'm paying on two child support orders and the amounts are about the same. How can I get my support payments modify and lowered and will I need a lawyer to do it?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 09:23 AM

It is always best to have a lawyer.
    Some guys I know that worked and had children living with them to support as well tried to get modification and the Judge told them to go get a third job. You can try but it is up to the Judge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support Modification [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to file for a child support modification because my ex husband's income has increased. What will happen if he does not show up for the hearing? Also he said he wants to file for joint custody in (2) years. Does that mean he no longer has to pay child support?

Modification for child support [ 11 Answers ]

Im thinking of filing a modification for child support.. I was divorced in 2002 and back then I took under guidelines for child support.. I now want to file to be within guidelines.. I also know he makes a lot more money now. Are they are laws or anything I should know.. Ive read somewhere about...

Child Support Modification [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is still in college and in our divorce agreement was to have support until she reaches 22 if she is a full time student Massachusetts now has guidelines to the age of 23 when the child is a full time student. Is it possible to ask for a modification to the original agreement?

Child Support Modification [ 2 Answers ]

I am seeking a modification in my current child support payment. My current payment of $674 is created a financial hardship for me. All my utilities and rental payments are last monthly which cause a greater hardship due to the late fees. I have another child for which I have a voluntarily...

View more questions Search