Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Saibasu Posts: 52, Reputation: -2

Dec 17, 2008, 06:33 PM
    In his own world
    My boyfriend and I have been living together for over a year now, and it seems like even though we live together and physically see each other everyday, we never spend time together. I feel just like Im living by myself, it gets really lonely sometimes. And yes he listens when I try to talk to him but its like his brain isn't large enough to understand ANYTHING that I say. He thinks we are fine and perfect, and whenever I voice my concerns, or try to have a conversation about what's going on, its like he always got something else better to do. Either that or a fight starts when I say the words " Hun, can I talk to you about something" and he looks so irritated from just a sentence I says. He is off and on in his moods I never know when it's a good time to talk to him. What is going on with me, am I imagining it all about feeling lonely?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 06:38 PM

He's male. He doesn't want to sit around and talk about problems or feelings. And I suspect he has it made -- total fredom because you do the laundry, the cooking, the dishes, change the bed, etc. etc. etc.-- just like living at home with the bonus of sex any time he wants it.

Take a few days to read the book by John Gray, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. That will help you begin to understand the differences between the ways men and women communicate, and will also help you figure out the best way to communicate with your boyfriend.

Dec 17, 2008, 06:43 PM

Ok I think I will
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 06:55 PM

I'm a man and I like talking about stuff.

So yeah we are not all the typ to zone out when we are being spoken to.

As to most girls wanting to share and talk about feelings
    LoL the ones I have been out with could not care less what you think or how you feel.

Ahh quality..

So yeah everyone is different.

You knew what he was like you can't change someone.

Dec 17, 2008, 07:40 PM

That's just it though, he's usually full of life, and loved to talk about everything, and he loved the outdoors, now all he does is sit there, playing xbox, its sort of depressing, I know what I'll do.
    marriaget Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Dec 17, 2008, 07:54 PM

Really do something about it, get him off his @ss. If he cared he would.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
    im a man and i like talking about stuff.
    Can you listen to her for longer than 10 minutes while she vents--just listen to her (making the appropriate noises like "ooooooooooooooh" and "oh my" and "tell me more") and not offer one word of advice?

Can you talk calmly with her (not to her) for more than 10 minutes about an argument the two of you had and how to keep it from happening again?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 08:02 PM

Most likely he is taking you for granted and you are not priority.
    He is thinking about what he wants but not considering you.
    All he sees you trying to talk things out is nagging.
    Let him go and do his thing and if possible you go keep busy
    Why should you sit around waiting on him and he is out enjoying himself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 12:04 AM

You might be living together, but your not working together, especially since the honeymoon appears to be over, and the drudgery of working things out, and making adjustments begins.

Be patient, and pay attention, because your learning about each other without the feel good of blissful ignorance.

Now is the time to learn each others language, and how to communicate.
    Irishgirl Posts: 129, Reputation: 18

Dec 18, 2008, 01:45 AM
    I was going to say read men are from mars book because men are mad. That sentence "can we talk" is as if you slapped them across the face according to the book and from my experience not how to start a conversation. Book really helps
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 06:23 AM

Whenever a girl comes up to me and says "we need to talk" I've learned that means "Hey, listen..I'm going to talk and tell you what you are doing wrong and you're going to listen."

Try talking without acting like you're attacking him, which is what that sentence implies to most men.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What has the world come to? [ 38 Answers ]

I am upset with society as of right now. Why, you ask? WELL... I've heard cases of girls getting pregnant at THIRTEEN YEARS OLD! I think that teen girls getting pregnant SO young is absolutely crazy! Furthermore, (in my opinion) its shocking that some people believe this is okay. My...

End of the world [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song "end of the world" it starts with an "e"

My Mom, Myself and The World [ 4 Answers ]

I'll be brief. I have an emotionally abusive mother that I haven't talked to since February. My thoughts on her can be summarized as one question ,"When's the funeral?". I have developed a bit of a drinking habit and definitely a pot habit. My ideal solution is a fresh start, somewhere else very...

World War 2 [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me 3 additional types of Japanese Kamikazes? Thanks:p

View more questions Search