Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeanne228 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Homeade wine
    I was wondering if anyone has ever tried making pumpkin wine? If so is it good and do you have a receipe. Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 05:33 PM

Pumpkin Wine
    Recipe file created August 10, 2001.

Ingredients
    # The best wines are made from scratch. 8 cups pumpkin
    # 5 cups sugar
    # 1 teaspoon yeast nutrient
    # 3 teaspoon acid blend
    # 1 campden tablet
    # 1 pound raisins
    # 1 package wine yeast
    # 1 gallon water, boiling

Wash, trim, peel and chop (or grind) the pumpkin. Place in primary fermentor. Add raisins and boiling water. Let sit overnight.

Add all other ingredients except yeast. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Specific gravity should be between 1.090 and 1.095. Sprinkle yeast over the mixture and stir. Stir daily for three to five days, until specific gravity is 1.040.

Strain the must and squeeze out as much juice as you can. Siphon into secondary fermentor, make up to volume with water and attach airlock.

For a dry wine, rack in three weeks, and every three months for one year. Bottle.

For a sweet wine, rack at three weeks. Add 1/2 cup sugar dissolved in 1 cup wine. Stir gently, and place back into secondary fermentor. Repeat process every six weeks until fermentation does not restart with the addition of sugar. Rack every three months until one year old. Bottle.

The wine is best if you can refrain from drinking it for one full year from the date it was started.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Wine value [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bottle of DELAS FRERES 1994 COTES-DU-VENTOUX and I would like to give it as a gift to my boss. Is this wine still good and is it a tasteful gift or just cheap wine?

Wine Age [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, totally ignorant here... but, I have a 1967 Bottle of Château Beausejour bordeaux table wine... first, is it still going to be any good? Second, if I don't drink it, is it worth anything of value? Thanks!

Red Wine [ 5 Answers ]

After I open a bottle of red wine how should it be stored and for how long will it be good?

Wine [ 3 Answers ]

I don't drink, so all wine tastes the same to me. However, I do cook with it. IF a cake recipe calls for sherry or brandy, which of the following would be the closest to it. Cabernet sauvegon, burgundy, chadonnay, marsala, maderia. I have all these but not sherry or brandy.

View more questions Search