Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krcarr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Can I legally evict my 18 year old daughter from my apartment?
    I have an 18 year old daughter with a 3 month old and I would like her to leave my home. She had some boys over and they stole my property in my home. She is on the lease, but I pay rent and she doesn't work or contribute anything to the household. What do I need to do?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 05:08 PM

What state are you in?
    You give her a written notice that she has XX days to move. If she doesn't then you go to court and have her formally served with an eviction. If she still doesn't leave they will send the Sheriff or constable to remove her from the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I legally evict my 18 year old? [ 10 Answers ]

My eighteen year old daughter is headstrong and disobedient and insists that since she is 18, she can do whatever she wants. She believes that I cannot tell her what to do anymore, and that if she is asked to pay rent, that she is not accountable to me. Of course, I disagree since she is living...

How do I legally evict a roommate... as soon as possible? [ 4 Answers ]

I let my sister in law move in to my house in which I currently have a 12 month lease. She is not on the lease and I need to get rid of her. She is always late or short with the rent and I believe she is doing drugs. I want her out but I want to do it legally so she has no recourse other than to...

How do evict someone in California legally? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a tenant who owes me one months rent, deposit, she gave me a deposit check but when I went to cash it, she closed her bank account. She now has a dog which is not allowed per my rental agreement. I have sent her 2 certified letters regarding the rent and deposit and then she gave me a letter...

Can I legally evict ex boyfriend? [ 8 Answers ]

He's been living with me for a while, but has never paid the mortgage. He does pay some utilities, but now is refusing to leave. We have kids together and I think his reason for staying is to avoid paying child support. He is verbally abusive and has made threats. I fear that he will harm me...

How to Evict 19 Year Old Step Daughter From Home [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Georgia with my husband and his two grown children (ages 22 and 19) for the last 10 years. The 19 year old is into drugs and drinking and is constantly laying out of work (if she even has a job) and bringing her drug friends into our home when we are not there. There is evidence she...

View more questions Search