Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anjela2814 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 03:31 PM
    About divorce
    I got married 3 years ago to someone I am no longer with. I want to get legally married to another man I do love but our divorce is not finalized yet. I want to marry him in court next month. Can I still get legally married in court after I have filed for a divorce but that has not been finalized?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjela2814 View Post
    I got married 3 years ago to someone I am no longer with. I want to get legally married to another man I do love but our divorce is not finalized yet. I want to marry him in court next month. Can I still get legally married in court after I have filed for a divorce but that has not been finalized?

No, if you are married to two people at the same time it's called bigamy and it's a crime.
    Saibasu Posts: 52, Reputation: -2

Dec 17, 2008, 03:36 PM

You cannot legally marry until the divorce finalizes. Which can take some time, make sure you're sure this time :) Good Luck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 03:56 PM

You can not get married until you are legally divorced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing 4 divorce but reconcile then divorce @ a later time - dividing the property [ 18 Answers ]

I never heard of this before but my friend filed for divorce in 89 but reconciled a few months later. Flash forward 20 yrs & she decides to divorce him again. She went back for the kids & tried to make it work. However, when she went 4 this divorce she was told that they could divide the property...

Do not want a divorce [ 6 Answers ]

My spouse wants a divorce and I do not. Do I have to agree to go through with one if he files? Thank you to any one who is familiar with this situation.

I want a divorce [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Georgia. My husband had an affair which lead to an outside child. We have been separated for 6 months. We also have a 4 year old for whom he has paid no child support. I want an uncontested divorce because its cheaper, but he says that he won't sign the papers. What can I do?

Divorce law [ 1 Answers ]

My wife & I have been residents for 5 months in a new state, she took our son and went back to our previous residence, filed for divorce then had case dismissed and came back to current state I work in. She has other children, does not have fully custody, does not drive, has been in & out of...

Want a divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I've been married for five months now separated for two. My husband is 15 years older than me (he's35, im20) I'm three months pregnant and we want to get a divorce. Now the problem is that he is the one that works I was waiting to go to school and he got upset because we had a lot of problems...

View more questions Search