Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manga Posts: 92, Reputation: 10

Dec 24, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    I talked to my husband for probably close to a month online before we met up. I was so nervous. we decided to go to steak n shake when I got off work one night since I work late. We each got a shake but we sat there talking for about 4 hours.
    Did it seem any different when you transitioned from the web to in person?

Dec 24, 2008, 10:57 PM

Sooo we're still going to meet. He didn't really have a good answer about talking to his ex other than she phrased the text message for him that he was getting back with her. I guess we'll see..
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by manga View Post

For me it was a little surreal at first, but then I traveled to the UK to meet in person... :) Felt right at home though, and quite comfortable with him and his two daughters. I think we were a little anxious at first... would the other person be the same, would it be awkward for some reason, but after the initial meeting at the airport, it was fine... :)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Somehow I think your better off not meeting this guy. It'll save you a lot of drama in the long run.

You've to be extra cautious when meeting people online. Watch out for people that saids they love you when they never met you. Watch out for getting emotion attach to guys and them getting emotional attach to you.

This guy is talking about getting back with his ex one minute then confessing his love for you a minute later or before. These are a lot of red flags to me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2008, 09:25 AM

The meeting someone online is really no different than meeting them at Home Depo, you have no idea who they are, don't know if they are telling the truth or not and have to learn each other.

But if they are not over their "ex" they are not ready to date yet.
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2008, 09:40 AM

I agree Fr_Chuck... if they are still involved with or getting over an ex, odds are it is a rebound relationship. Better to wait until they are truly "free" to start a new relationship.

Jan 10, 2009, 02:01 PM
    so we met and I have to say it was a pretty amazing experience. He is however trying to make up for what he texted me... The way he explained to me was his doubts and how I may have not been real about everything. His X and him didn't really get together she had told him to text me about them getting back together, but they no longer talk anymore since he's been talking to me again. Yes I know what I am risking knowing what he had done. But really is coming off genuine and is trying to talk to me at all his available free time he can get to trust him again. His constant reassurance whenever I bring it up he doesn't get annoyed just really wanting me to believe him. Not in a persuasive way just when I feel I have an issue with it again or doubt he'll do something like that again he has no problem talking to me about it. All I can say is he REALLY wants to be with me.
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2009, 03:53 PM

Glad the meeting went well for you... :)
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by manga View Post
    It did, but in a good way.
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Jan 12, 2009, 08:51 AM

Awesome! I wish you two the best of luck... me and my online lover are doing great as well!
    Str8stack71 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Jan 12, 2009, 08:57 AM

All I can say is that, if your meeting someone you have met online, I recommend that you meet several times at a public place... do not take him back to your home and do not go to his home... don't be one of those people that say " i know him, he wouldnt do anything to me. hes a really nice guy"... it only takes one bad experience to make an impact on the rest of your life... don't be a "statistic"... be safe about it and play it cool until you know this person well and make sure that this person is not giving you a false sense of security... use your brain... and then get a second opinion from your heart...
    Wondering Woman Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Jan 22, 2009, 11:04 AM

I have experience with several online dating sites. The best are those you pay for. I've dated very nice men from online sites. I talk with them a few times before a meeting. Yahoo Personals J-Date.com and Match.com have all worked for me.

The worst online sites, in my experience, are the free ones like Plenty of Fish. The men on there are pretty shady and lack manners - and also job, quite often. Lol You get what you pay for. I tried free sites, but have always ended them after learning I was hearing a load of lies, or writing to a paroled ex-convict, or someone with bi-polar disease. Be careful on all sites, but especially on free ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Online dating [ 20 Answers ]

I meet a guy on myspace and he told me I can come visit him in California whenever? Should I go for it ? I know he has 1 picture on his page... Is there any safety steps I should take... I will be staying at his house and he will pay for my ticket thanks

Online dating [ 11 Answers ]

I met a guy in a chat room and we really hit it off. We are now "dating." The problem is that he lives in California and goes to college in Wisconsin... I live in Ohio. He tells me that we probably won't be able to meet for another year when I go off to college and I don't know if I can wait...

Dating online [ 27 Answers ]

Hi, I "met" a man on a dating site a few months ago. We are a bit far from each other so we have not met yet. We are not kids anymore :) At the beginning he was too fast for me, sending tons of emails every day, then we started to communicate on the phone and webcam. But he disappeared...

Online dating [ 5 Answers ]

Would you recommend online dating if you were about 8 hours away from the other person? ( I fixed up the question since some were confused )

Online dating - what do I say to her? [ 16 Answers ]

I have now been single for five years, before that I was in an 11 year relationship that when bust. Ready for dating but it's not so easy find dates for my age group in pubs and clubs. I have joined a dating agency. What do I say to get that first response? Tell her about myself, my hobbies;...

View more questions Search