Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nandycoolguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Insurance investment
    I have recently invested I the TATA-AIG Ujawala Bhavishya investment and insurance plane of a premium of one lakh per annum.How good is the investment in the present senario and for future..
    FrankK Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Dec 23, 2008, 04:09 PM
    I can't read your question well because of the typos, but I can tell you that insurace is never an "investment." Whole life insurance is sold as an investment, but provides lousy returns. The same is true of anuities. They also have high fees. Insurance is important, obviously, but stay away from people who package insurance as an investment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankK View Post
    I can't read your question well because of the typos, but I can tell you that insurace is never an "investment." Whole life insurance is sold as an investment, but provides lousy returns. The same is true of anuities. They also have high fees. Insurance is important, obviously, but stay away from people who package insurance as an investment.

I don't know I have an investment with an insurance company, many have bank accounts, savings accouints and even IRA's. I have one with a min of 3 percent, that sounded pretty good last year.
    FrankK2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Dec 24, 2008, 08:38 AM
    I earned more than 3 percent in a no-fee money market this year. Bottom line: buy insurance from insurance agents; buy investments from certified financial planners/advisors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Involved in accident without insurance but she had insurance [ 12 Answers ]

I live in PA. An older lady hit my car per the police report it states that she turned directly into my driverside of my car as I had the right of way. My car was damaged & I was hurt. I contacted my insurance company they told me my policy cancelled 3 days before the accident but its OK now...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Investment [ 5 Answers ]

A company invests $100 into an account to earn interest. How would I show this on the balance sheet? (I debited the asset, "Short-term investment", and credited "Owner's Equity") I would like to know, specifically, what account in Owner's Equity am I crediting?

View more questions Search