Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Footloose Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Driving from Los angeles to Las Vegas at night
    I will land at John Wayne Airport and plan to drive from orange county to Las Vegas over night . Hwo safe / how sensible would it be to drive during the Christmas Week to the New Year. I've heard there are long stretches of deserts with no gas stations ? Suggest
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 01:51 PM

This should prove to be no more dangerous than any other road at night. Just be sure to have sufficient gas in the tank at all times. Yes, there are stretches where no gas stations, but you need to consult a map ahead of time to determine just where these stretches will be and tank up say at half full rather than quarter tank left.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 01:57 PM

Make sure you have full gas of tank at all time. During Christmas the traffic to Las Vegas would be bumper to bumper day and night and same on the way back. Study the directions ahead of time so you won't get stuck in traffic for hours.

Have fun!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lights reflect like ribbons while driving at night [ 2 Answers ]

I have a real problem driving at night. All ligts appear to reflect to my headlights and look like several ribbons. Depending on the number of oncoming vehicles and lamp lights, there could be dozens of streaming light ribbons. Last night there was road construction and police lights - a regular...

I have trouble focusing eyes driving at night [ 6 Answers ]

When I am driving at night time I have trouble getting my vision focused. Do I need glasses? I have a yearly exam, am 50 and do not wear glasses except for reading. My eye doctor tells me that I do not need glasses. My question is... Is it a common thing, as you get older to have trouble...

Strong light reflection during night driving [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, I'm here again to get your valuable advise. This time I would like to know if there is any Way to reduce a strong light reflection,which is coming from cars behind me, during Night driving Thank you so much in advance

Driving from San Francisco to Las Vegas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, We are planning a 3 centre holiday for next year, driving from Los Angeles to San Francisco, then San Francisco to Las Vegas, then back to Los Angeles. We want to drive from SF to LV via Death Valley, but maps say that this is one hell of a drive, and we had hoped we could do it in...

View more questions Search