Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boogie69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Is an aerial integral to sound on a tv/dvd?
    I have my TV and I want to watch a dvd. Its all plugged in and the scart plug is in etc. The picture is up there, playing normally. THERE IS NO SOUND and no, the mute button is not on!

The other point to note is that there seems to be no TV signal. I have checked the aerial plug and it seems fine. Any suggestions?

Is there something I can do to eliminate other possibilities?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 12:45 PM

First - what's a "scart plug?"

Second, please describe how you have connected the DVD player to the TV. Are you using a coax connection, RCA cables, S video, or what? Be specific.

Finally, please confirm that your system does not use any other components and you always play sound through the TV speakers, and there is no external stereo system.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2008, 08:17 AM

Try something other than Scart for a test.
    Here is Scart:
    What is SCART connector? - a definition from Whatis.com

And:

http://www.hippy.freeserve.co.uk/scart.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renault megane electric aerial [ 2 Answers ]

I have just recently bought a reanault megane 1998. When switching the stereo on the aerial used to go up straight away. I went away for the weekend and the car was left standing, I got back in the car to come home and it hasn't worked since. The weather was pretty rough so I don't know if it is...

An Integral (Complex) [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Friends! I can't find any solution 4 this Integral. I know the correct Answer, but don't know why. Could u please help me out?? Regards Amir P.s : The Question is attached to this mail

View more questions Search