Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idkwhattodo0801 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 06:23 AM
    How can my husband adopt my daughter?
    Ok here is my story. When I was 16 I got rapped and got pregnant. I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was about 5 1/2 months pregnant. I had my baby who happened to be a girl on her birth certificate she has no father listed because I don't know who he is. Now I am 21 I recently got married to my husband who I have been with for almost 3 years. He has been a father to my daughter and loves her very much and he wishes to adopt her. Now I recently read that I must have the biological father's permission to add my husband to my daughter's birth certificate. The problem is he never got cought and I have no idea who he is. I am desperate to know if there is a way for my husband to adopt my daughter. I live in CA right now and would like to resolve all of this before June because I will be moving to PA so can someone help?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 06:29 AM

I would *guess* it would be similar to one night stand scenarios - you make a good faith attempt to find the father and when that inevitably fails, the adoption by your husband goes through as normal.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 08:54 PM

It depends on where you live in... Some states have provisions that if a father has not shown interest for fixed time he is not entitled to be noticed for adoption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Husband wants to adopt my daughter. [ 1 Answers ]

I had my daughter out of marriage and her father has only seen her once he is not in the birth certificate but she has his last name. He has been in and out in jail and would get deported once he gets out he is illegal here we have no contact with him at all. Now I have been married for 3 yrs and...

What does my husband need to do to adopt my daughter? [ 2 Answers ]

What does my husband need to do to adopt my daughter?

Can my husband adopt my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my daughter if her father has nothing to do with her?

Ex-husband!Can he adopt my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I had my daughter in 1997 and became involved with my high school sweatheart again after having her which we started talking again when she was a couple months old. We then moved in together and got married in 2000 we got divorced in 2001 he is still a part of my daughters life and she believes he...

View more questions Search