Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    here4help Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Had unprotected sex and then bleeding which lasted for 2 days , am I pregnant ?
    I had unprotected sex with my partner . He's not HIV infected and neither am I. After having sex I had an oral contraceptive and that too within 3 hours. We're worried since after 6 days from the date we had sex I started bleeding , it lasted for 2 to 3 days and then stopped , it was slightly lighter than normal bleeding . Am I pregnant ? Should I be worried... and get myself checked ?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 07:00 AM

Were the pills you took your normal birth control pills or were they emergency contraceptive pills? Regardless, pregnancy will still be a possibility as no contraceptive is 100%, even emergency contraceptives.
    Odds are you aren't pregnant, but it wouldn't hurt to take a test. If it is negative, just see how your period is the next cycle. More than likely it will be fine, but obviously take precautions before having sex again.
    here4help Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 09:26 AM

@ Doulalc

It was an emergency contraceptive pill and I took in within 2 hours , it's 97% effective if taken within 24 hours after having unprotected sex. Since then I've been using precaution but thank you for your help , was very worried.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 11:08 AM

Well one could argue the 97 percent effective depending on the study you want to believe

But yes, you can be since it is not 100 percent effective

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I started my period 2 days after unprotected sex, It only lasted 2 1/2 days. [ 6 Answers ]

I know I've already asked if I could be pregnant because I started my period only 2 days after having sex. I've gotten feed back and that reassured me, but the weird thing is my period only lasted 2 days. I started on Tuesday morning and by late thursdy night I was already finished, which isn't...

Period only lasted 3 days Could I be Pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Nikki. I had a baby about 5 months ago and think I might be pregnant again. I am never late and since I had my baby have never been late. I was on birth control when I got pregnant the last time. I was about a month late and then I started about and it lasted 3 days and then I was...

Unprotected Sex 10 days before period.can I be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend 2 days after my period.. (Nov 3rd) Now today we had unprotected sex again.. Nov 17th.. and my period is due again Around Nov 26-27... Can I be pregnant? We really are hoping that we are!

Sex during fertility period,Plan B within 24 hrs.Light bleeding in 8 days.Pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had intercourse during my fertility period(towards the end of it) on 26th May. The condom broke. I took Plan B within 24 hours. Now ( 8 days after intercourse) I am experiencing odorless light reddish bleeding like the start of a period but without any other regular symptoms of my period...

View more questions Search