Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    Maybe I'm naive here, but if the boy was kicked out of a special accelerated program school, shouldn't he be able to attend the "regular" local public high school?
    I think it is like one of the magnet schools that are run by the public school board.
    He should be able to go through cyber school, home schooling, private Christian school or get a GED though.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 1, 2009, 03:30 PM

Have you try talking to the counselor? I am sure that he regrets it, but it won't work anyway until he is actually into getting himself out of this. He's 16, you cannot do this alone by yourself, he needs to help you, you need to ask him what he needs to do. Make him be part of this, as a parent, you want to do it all but it doesn't work that way.

Get him involved.
    janakay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 10:52 AM

All high school students make stupid mistakes at one time or another, it's a requirement for being a teeenager. I am a credit recovery/GED teacher and I can tell you that in Texas a student has to be 17 in order to get his GED. You should allow him to go to Alternative School--one time and I promise you next year he will not be making the same mistakes. This maybe what he needs for a wake up call. My prayers are with you.
    qmagnuson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 07:23 PM

Being a former HS teacher I know that students are not put on contract ounless they are a serious disruption and doing more than talking in class. A parent will always see the child for the best of thembut you have to see it from the educators point of view. When you have a classroom stuffed with 30-40 kids and there are one or two causing trouble all the time, they are more than a disruption. If he is as smart as you say he is, he would be smart enough to know the consequences, and if he was bored why would nt he ask the teacher for more extra credit work? I have heard this story a hundred times and unfortunately the student and parent are rarely accountable for themselves. Having said all this, I don't think an alternative school is appropriate unless he is a genuine threat to other students in his current school... He may have to sleep in the bed he has made. Has he shown any regret and got to speak to administration? Or are fighting all his battles

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kicked out [ 3 Answers ]

Our landlord sold the house to their son and they said we have to move out before our lease is up. Do we have to move or if we do move do we have to pat rent for those months

Kicked out [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, so this one confuses me. If you are under 18, and your parent(s) kick you out, and you leave because they don't want you in their house, do they have the right to call you in as a run-a-way juvinile? And if they do, what happens if you tell them that you were kicked out and have witnesses?

Can she be kicked out? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a question. My sister and her boyfriend in of 7 years have bought a home together in Ohio through a bank a couple months ago. Both names are on loan and deed. They have 5 kids... 2 are hers and his, 3 are his and someone else's. Anyway he said he wants her and her kids out in 30...

Kicked out of high school. [ 6 Answers ]

My best friend got kicked out of high school in his last year before he was going to graduate... it pretty clear that he is unable to graduate this year... but what could he do as an high school alternative if there is such a thing? Please help

View more questions Search