Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Bail out Madoff
    With the financial markets already in a state of panic and the global recession expected to worsen in 2009, we can ill afford to allow the financial institutions, charities, and rich idiots that entrusted Bernard Madoff with their money to go bust. As for the widespread contention that since Mr. Madoff committed fraud he deserves to go to jail, do not think of Madoff as operating a ponzi scheme so much as a Strong Armed Perception Fund (SAP Fund), and don’t think of him as breaking the law so much breaking new ground in the arena of fictitious returns.

In short, there needs to be a new bailout effort entitled the Criminal Reprieve Assistance Program (CRAP) to provide ingenious criminals like Madoff the tools required to help kick start the faltering U.S. economy. By investing $100 billion with Madoff so that he can start-up a new and improved SAP Fund and make current clients whole, the CRAP would immediately help restore confidence in the marketplace. Concurrent with the Madoff bailout pieces of CRAP could also be used to expedite the release of jailed mortgage brokers so that they can help stabilize the collapsing U.S. housing market by doing what they do best - underwriting crappy mortgages.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2008, 11:12 AM

I love it.
    It is getting disgusting how something can be voted against repeatedly and then the President can over rule it with a bad decision.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 11:34 AM

Seriously ;there is talk of bailing out the fools that invested in his scheme.

Got to give him credit ;in the old days Saph and I used to run a fictional company where such schemes were dreamed up . Never thought anyone would seriously try them.
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 12:10 AM

This really is a good thing. The sharks are starting to eat each other.
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 03:12 AM

But he was just in training . To run a real Ponzi scheme the numbers have to be closer to $53 trillion.
    America's Total Debt Report - summary page - by MWHodges
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 05:43 AM

Give this man the video of the year award :
    YouTube - Bernie Madoff on the modern stock market

Quote of the year :
    “when you take the human being out of the equation you solve your regulatory problems.”
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 12:05 PM

Get this . The guy couldn't meet bond conditions . So an agreement was reached. He will be allowed to remain in his $7 million Park Avenue apartment instead of being sent to jail.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 01:05 PM

Best plan I have seen yet.
    Are you by any chance from a state where we could have you appointed to the Senate? Can you raise at least a half-million in cash, quickly (and quietly)?
    If you are a Kennedy, Obama, Cuomo, Clinton or Bush, you are a shoo-in.
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 02:48 PM

In the case of New York (my state) it is much better if you have a celebrity name and carpetbag from outside the state. In my lifetime we had Bobby Kennedy from Mass. Hillary Clintoon from Ark. And now possibly Caroline Kennedy..
    If not Caroline I'm sure Andrew Cuomo would be willing to take it. I wounder if Chucky Schumer will willingly step aside when Chelsea Clintoon is 30 .
    In Deleware Joe Biden's Chief of staff is going to be appointed Senator (caretaker) until Biden's son turns the Constitutional age of 30 to be eligible for the slot.

Here is the plan . Let's change the name of the Senate to The House of Lords. Strip them of any real power . Then their positions can be hereditary.
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    in the case of New York (my state) it is much better if you have a celebrity name and carpetbag from outside the state. In my lifetime we had Bobby Kennedy from Mass. Hillary Clintoon from Ark. and now possibly Caroline Kennedy ..
    If not Caroline I'm sure Andrew Cuomo would be willing to take it. I wounder if Chucky Schumer will willingly step aside when Chelsea Clintoon is 30 .
    In Deleware Joe Biden's Chief of staff is going to be appointed Senator (caretaker) until Biden's son turns the Constitutional age of 30 to be eligible for the slot.

Here is the plan . Let's change the name of the Senate to The House of Lords. Strip them of any real power . Then their positions can be hereditary.
    :D:p:rolleyes::cool:
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Tom, I just saw that on the news...
    They must think we are all stupid or that we will all just step aside and let them apologize... this makes me sick.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 01:23 PM

Let's see. Caroline Kennedy is certainly qualified to be a Senator. After all her mother was a clothes horse and her daddy was the President so that's all the qualifications someone needs, isn't it? After all she doesn't have to actually win any election for this seat.

As far as having Senators elected, the House of Lords in this country hasn't changed, just the name. Here it IS hereditary. You can actually win anything so long as you have the right last name.

I still can't believe that Hilldog is going to be able to be appointed as it goes against the Constitution. But what do I know, I'm just an average American who plays by the rules. She, of course, is "royalty" and so is Barky and we all know that THEY don't have to play by the rules.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 12:30 PM

Apparently the SEC was busy in December going after some operators that tried to steal $68000 by manipulating the stock of the National Lampoon. Yup. Sixty eight thousand versus Bernie Madoff and the mortgage collapse and on and on and on. You can't make this up.

Ah, priorities.

National Lampoon, Inc., et al.; Advatech Corporation, et al.; and Alex Kanakaris, et al.: Lit. Rel. No. 20828 / December 15, 2008
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 02:50 PM

Last night on one of those news channels I saw a story about one of Madoff's victims losing all of their $1.2 million investment with him. He targeted certain individuals who were gullible enough to be drawn into his scam/Ponzi scheme. He actually turned down some investors as they didn't have enough money to give him. This guy out of jail? Incredible is all I have to say about this. I'm sure that we are going to hear about his "unfortunate death" and mysterious private burial while he has plastic surgery done on his mug and both he and his wife flee to Isreal where he parked a lot of his money that was happily given to him.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 03:17 PM

You got it. His "close" friends need not worry. Their money is safe in a bank in Israel. We know that to be fact.
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob View Post
    You got it. His "close" friends need not worry. Their money is safe in a bank in Israel. We know that to be fact.
    Mag, dearie, you peeked!! He's absconded with all the "smart"(?) money.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 05:11 PM

:) Not only that, the real figure is more like 100 billion. The Cailfornia State Workers Retirement fund also. Part of their money is with the Carlisle Group. You know, owned by the Bushes and the Bin Laudins, Weapons of Mass destruction companies. The war machine. At least that money is safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bail bond [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am from Florida and I just found out I have a warrant for my arrest I am going to turn myself in , but can I post my own bail at a bailbondmans before going to the sheriff office or can the bailmans turn me in with out been arrested

Setting Bail [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter was just arrested Friday night on check fraud, she still hasn't been in front of a judge, due to the weekend, to have a bail amount set. Is there a time limit on how long she's going to be held before she gets a bail hearing? I live in NJ

No bail warrant [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has a no bail warrant she was sentenced and walked out of courthouse.does the warrant stay active until she is arrested and sees the judge again.

If your on probation do you still have a bail? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend will be 18 in February,he's on probation for underaged drinking & marijaunna and today got caught driving with out a license and speeding. What's going to happen? Can I bail him out?

First offense... $50,000 bail? [ 3 Answers ]

My 24 yr old friend was VERY drunk and ditched-(abandoned) by people who were only interested in getting him completely plastered (and most likely trying to take sexual advantage of him as a result) last Saturday-- 10/07/07. He was taken, in a blacked-out state, to an unknown destination and was...

View more questions Search