Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BLINDEYEDJACK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Cold water in part of house rest is hot only
    We just bought our 6 yr 2 story house, weather is in the 20's outside faucets had been covered, we only have cold water in the downstairs bathroom & one of the outside faucets but the rest of the house only hot water even the "outside" faucet near our kitchen is coming out hot water, we have since opened the faucets in hopes to relieve pressure.
    Any ideas ? Why we would have hot water on the outside faucet in 1 side of the house & cold on the other or how we can restore our cold water to the rest of the house.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 03:16 PM

All out side faucts should be COLD unless someone previously did that for a reason but I doubt it. It ha to be a screw up on the water line when originally installed. This rarely happens, The only other possibility is since you have other problems of cold water not working is the outside faucet is back feeding from the hotwater heater. I never ran onto that in the trades but physcially not impossible. What's relieve pressure mean? The upstairs bathrooms are your sinks against the out side walls. I need more info for me or someone else to help you. Hope we can help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom sink has no water, but the rest of the house does [ 9 Answers ]

I noticed today that the faucet in the bathroom doesn't have h or c water, but the rest of the house mainly the adjoining toilet, shower and faucet on the second all work. Can someone please provide some support? The plumber at Lowe's suggested that I shut off the supply lines for a few minutes...

No cold water in part of house.. HELP!? [ 6 Answers ]

This past Wednesday, for some unknown reason, the cold water has stopped coming out of my kitchen faucet, (on 2nd floor) as well as no cold water in going to the washer (1st floor) or the outside spigot. There is still cold water in the bathrooms on all three floors of the house (built 1991) and...

Cashing out part of my 401k reinvesting the rest [ 6 Answers ]

I Am Starting A New Job Which Does Not Have 401k I Would Like To Cash Out Part Of The Money And Reinvest The Rest Do You Have Any Suggestion On How I Go About Doing This.

Two hot water faucets not working.rest of the house if fine. [ 2 Answers ]

We changed out the washer (seat?) and spring in a leaky cold water facuet in the bathtub. Now, the hot water in the tub, and the hot water in one of the faucets in the shower will not work. Any suggestions, solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Sgiuliani

Hot water Trickles to Bathtup Tap only, Rest of house is fine [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, writing this from the UK as this seems to be the best plumbing board about, and as you can see, I hate plumbing. Basicall all my hot water taps are fine apart from the bathtub which barely gives a trickle (it does give something though). Now from reading up on here I suspet I have crud...

View more questions Search