Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Dec 16, 2008, 12:35 AM
    Dryer outlet
    Did I do this right? I am thinking there should be no gap here at the bottom of the 120/240 dryer outlet?
    Attached Images

21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 12:46 AM

That's fine if its secure to the wall. I see no stripped wires showing and it seems tight. The gap is normal. Some of the boxes have different configureations and that's probably what your thinking. Make sure your above the floor for water getting the floor wet if a problem arises. Make sur the clamp is tight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert Electric Dryer outlet to regular outlet [ 8 Answers ]

I just bought a gas dryer, leaving a funky 3 pronged outlet unused. The outlet was connected to the fuse box as a single circuit and I would like to let the new gas outlet take advantage of this. Is there any problem replacing the 'funky' electric dryer outlet to a regular three pronged outlet,...

Converting regular 3 prong electrical outlet to dryer outlet [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought a stacking washer and dryer and now the electrical cord on the dryer won't reach down to the existing dryer outlet. Is there any way to convert a regular 3 prong outlet that is close enough into a dryer outlet?

220 volt dryer outlet [ 7 Answers ]

I need to install a 220 volt dryer oulet in my home, none present now (gas only). Slab foundation / attic accesible / walls must remain intact. I am trying to get a ballpark figure on the cost of installation. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Clothes dryer outlet [ 1 Answers ]

Would like to know where in the National Electric Code book it says that a clothes dryer receptacle must have a piece of wood between the outlet and a below-grade masonary wall in a basement Thanks

Outlet for elec. Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

I have a wire coming for circuit breaker for an electric dryer. It has 3- wires black, white and open wire. I want to connect them to an outlet. Which one is neutral and which ones are hot? Also if color codes are wrong, is the middle one the neutral and 2 on sides are hot? Thanks

View more questions Search