Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iandthou2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2006, 07:08 PM
    Pretax accounts for newborns (in advance?)
    Hi,

My wife and I are expecting a child in a few months.

We would like to purchase the necessary equipment -- car seats, strollers etc -- with pre-tax dollars.

1) Am I allowed to use my own pretax account (set up in my name) for these expenses?

AND/OR

2) Is it possible to set up an account for the baby before it is born?

We want to buy the equipment BEFORE the birth, of course... but we also want to use pre-tax dollars. If neither (1) or (2) above will work are there other options?

Many thanks!

IND
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jul 11, 2006, 08:24 PM
    I know of NO pre-tax account that can be used to buy the child's equipment.

You can set up a college fund (called 529 accounts; there are plenty of websites that explain them), but you must wait until the child is born.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

T accounts [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble putting together these T accounts: A invested 16000 from personal account B bought delivery trucks on account 1800 C bought office equipment for cash 600 D paid advertising 250 E collected cash for delivery 2600 F paid salaries 900 G paid gas for trucks 1200 H performed...

How to account for advance given to terminated employee [ 2 Answers ]

The situation: an employee was given an advance by either check or materials charged to the company for personal use. The employee is unable to reimburse the company in a reasonable perior of time for the advance and the employee's final paycheck does not cover it. I'm unsure whether to run this...

Advance maths [ 2 Answers ]

Need some help with vectors and functions or any website with these information relating to vectors and functions. VECTORS -addition, subtraction, and multiplication of vectors by a scalar -displacement and position vectors -magnitude of a vector -equal. Parallel and perpendicular vectors ...

Where do these Accounts go? [ 2 Answers ]

I have to prepare financial statements for an assignment and I was wondering on which statements these accounts are relevant and reported and what are they classified as(revenue, expense, liability, asset etc. ) Provision for Loss Accumulated Depreciation Allowance for Doubtful Accounts Any...

View more questions Search