Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gopokey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Bank Levy
    If I have a bank levy against me, do you recommend I put my payroll check in another account? I still have money going into the accout the levy is against.
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Dec 15, 2008, 02:18 PM

Why in the world would you continue to put money into an account that has a levy against it? Why have you not stopped direct deposit?
    If you put money into another account with your name on it the creditor will find that also.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2008, 03:44 PM

I will have to agree, it is frozen, any money going in will also be frozen.

If you put it into a new account, you may have a short time before they find it and freeze it also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Levy [ 1 Answers ]

How to stop a bank levy that has been placed on you bank account

Bank Levy [ 3 Answers ]

Someone please help me, I am so upset right now. I just found out that there is a levy on my bank account by Ford Motor Credit for a car that I ended the lease early for. Long story short, my Explorer was in at the dealership to have my rear brakes fixed and instead they fixed my front brakes. ...

Bank levy [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the same situation. The creditors sent a wage garansihment to my employer and the judgement is 8 years old. The dugement has not be renew. Can the employer still takemoney and what is Doctrine of Laches? Please explain in english jargon and not in legal terms. Thanks for you...

Bank levy [ 1 Answers ]

My husband had a bank levy done where they took everything out of our acct. I was unaware of the money due. At this point, he has been disabled for 14 months and not working because the dr.'s said he cannot work. How do I contest this being it is my work money in the account. The sherrif's...

View more questions Search