Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WORRIED ONE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Adopt my parnters daughter
    My partner and I are lesbians. We just had are first child. I want to adopt her but I am wondering will he be needed if he is on the birth certificate. How do I go about adopting her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2008, 06:44 AM

No, your partner and the bio father had their first child, He will have to sign over his rights to the child for you to adopt. ** if the country or state in the US allows for same sex adoptions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband wants to adopt my daughter [ 6 Answers ]

My husband wants to adopt my 13 yr old daughter. He has basically helped me raise her since she was one yr old. What do we need to do first? He biological father denied she was even his when I first told him I was pregnant. I haven't been able to find him anywhere ! When I was on welfare in CA, as...

Can my husband adopt my daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has wanted to adopt my daughter (who's 12) for some time now. Her bio father left when she was 5months old and did not pay any contributions for her care. He has had no contact with her since she was 2 ( we live in a different country now). How do I go about finding him and making the...

Can my husband adopt my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my daughter if her father has nothing to do with her?

Can my fiancŽ adopt my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am trying to find out how my fiancé can adopt my daughter. My daughter is 4 years old her father was in the picture the first few months of her life but has not attempted to contact her for the past three 1/2 years. Besides my daughter he has a 15 year old daughter which he has never been...

For my husband to adopt my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I would like my husband to adopt my 4 yr old daughter, her real father doesn't pay me goes in and out of her life shows up one day to see her then goes months without calling or coming around, and has been in and out of jail has a voilet past, drinks, in and out of jobs and where he lives no...

View more questions Search