Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    R.T Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2006, 06:10 PM
    98 Nissan Altima
    Where is the knock sensor located?
    bdvance1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 08:19 PM
    Actually, I do not have the answer, I am looking for the knock-sensor myself. I just had the car (1998 Altime SE) looked at today and was told knock sensor AND the vent control valve (evaporitive canister) were both bad. I don't know where either of them are.
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Sep 25, 2006, 10:05 PM
    Buy the Haynes manual for your car {#72015} at auto store {around $15-18}
    It will give you that info and a whole lot more ! The knock sensor is located
    Near the oil filter.Illustration on pg. 6-11.
    Slowly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2011, 05:08 PM
    The more important question... why are you looking at the knock sensor? If your 98 is throwing a code pointing you in that direction but the engine runs okay (you're not hearing any knocking, pinging or rough idling), there may be something else causing the issue. The same thing happened on my daughter's 98 altima with 165,000, turned out the air conditioner drain was hopelessly plugged and the condensed water was running down a nearby cable into the computer. The computer board was corroded beyond repair. $1,300 later, the knock sensor problem was solved. The moral of the story - buy the Haynes manual and do a solid diagnosis instead of chasing symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nissan altima [ 4 Answers ]

The "service engine soon" light came on my 2001 nissan Altima without any warning. The car drives great. What Can be causing the light to come on?

96 nissan altima [ 1 Answers ]

Driving the other day and I was in bad traffic, so I put it in neutral so I wouldn't have to hold the brake down and I forgot it was in neutral, so I hit the gas and looked down than put it in gear than my car wouldn't idle after that, it keeps puttering, and won't stay any higher than 500 rpm's....

Nissan Altima [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help finding parts for nissan altima.

View more questions Search