Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fatboy58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Hvac blower motor not working
    HVAC blower motor does not come on in either the heat mode, a/c mode. Or fan only mode. However, it comes on in emergency heat mode. Any ideas what might be wrong?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 14, 2008, 08:58 PM
    If the blower runs it is not the motor and must be in the control system. Usually a relay or sequencer.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 09:05 PM

Could be a loose connection at the furnace or the thermostat on the "G" terminal. When you switch to emergency most likely the equipment controls the blower,where as the thermostat does in the other listed options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman hvac blower runs continuously. [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 1998 mobile home with a coleman hvac. For the past 6 months the blower has not turned off even though the air itself has? Does anyone have any suggestions to what might be causing this?

HVAC Trane xv80 blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

Trane XV80 Installed 2002 My blower does not come on; I turned t-stat to fan only; fan motor felt cold to touch and turns freely when spyn: defeateded the safety switch on front; checked voltage at the leads from the circuit board to fan motor for the white and black leads(124 v); Should I...

Blower motor not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a bryant heat and air unit,fairly 10yrs old. I have replaced the motor in it once last year . The motor will not start ,I have checked the thermostat,fuse and breaker,all seem to be OK. Not sure about the capacitor. Can you help?

Fan blower motor not working [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace fan blower motor is not working(quit). It doesn't run. It had a flat spot and my husband was able to get it going, but now it won't run at all. My question is will it be cheaper to fix it or to buy a new one and where can I find one? My husband is an electrician and probably can...

HVAC blower motor--screwed up wiring-- HELP [ 11 Answers ]

Relaced blower motor, but wires are different from old motor--can hear it click on, but nothing else. Have part and model numbers for old motor (GE), new motor (Dayton-PSC), and HVAC (Goodman) Please Help-- am burning up here--(south texas)

View more questions Search