Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juan pablo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 08:08 PM
    About taking out a car from the us.to mexico?
    I WAS wodering if it could be posibel of taking out a car.. that isn't mine on my name from the united sates to mexico?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2008, 08:11 PM

Do you have the proper papers for the car. How do you plan on taking it, drive, or ship.
    juan pablo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Hi I was wondering.. if I could take out a car that isn't on my name... it belongs to a family member of mine... and if I could take out from the united states to mexico? On my name o there will be anny way I could?
    elcodo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 12:08 PM
    No, you shouldn't take a car into Mexico that isn't yours. I'm not sure how relaxed things have become over the past few years.

It used to be that even if you had insurance and did a temporary import of the vehicle only the people listed on the registration could drive the car. If permission were given by someone to drive the car and the police stopped them the car could be taken if the driver was not an owner.

Things may have changed a bit, but to be on the safe side I wouldn't take someon else's car without being certain there isn't risk of losing it.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I be able to go to Mexico? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stay of proceedings for theft under 5000 on my record, from sept. 2008 and Im flying directly from canada to mexico, will I be turned down at the gates? Or will I be able to continue on my vacation? I just don't know the mexican policies on stay of proceedings. Thanks for any feedback

Guy in mexico [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 14 and well I went to mexico not to long ago and well there is thid guy who I really like and he really likes me but I think he found a girl that he like in mexico. I just want him not to find another girl but I'm scared that he did.I no I'm going back in the summer and I no that if I go back...

Mexico boy [ 1 Answers ]

OK well awhile ago I went to mexico I have family so there. So went we were over there this one kid send some one to go tell me that he want to go walking wit me. I mexico that mean a guy likes you. My little sister heard and she was like no, no. the guy was still standing there waiting for what I...

War with mexico [ 5 Answers ]

Why did the u.s. want California

View more questions Search