Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eyesbeautifulbl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 07:13 PM
    ATTN: excon Prison time vs. jail time
    I do not know how to use this system very well and hope that you are getting my replies to your answers to my questions... if not... this is my way of saying thank you with all sincerity... Can you tell me any more about jail time... vs... prison time... I hear that prison time is actually shorter because certain days (holidays and weekends ) count for more time... Is this true?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2008, 07:29 PM

First don't start a new thread unless it is a new subject, you merely answer your own question to add more info.

If and when excon comes back onto the board, he may or may not go and read that thread.

No, time is time, each state has their own rules as to how good time is given or not given, and to possible parole dates and more.

Jail time is for short sentences, of normally one year or less, prision for sentences over one year.

He may be in jail after his sentence waiting for room in a prision.
    eyesbeautifulbl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 09:23 PM

This is so very difficult to understand... someone said it sounded like unsupervised probation... but wouldn't that have been told to him when he visited the probabtion office of his own accord to be sure? Confused!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2008, 02:17 PM

Eyes - Right now you are asking extremely vague questions. Just what was he charged with as this will help us help you.

Jail time is done in the county jail for misdemeanors or felonies under one year.

Prison time is for felonies requiring one year or more in prison.

As far as unsupervised probation that only happens in rare cases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much jail time on a first time probation violation [ 6 Answers ]

How much jail time on a first time felony probation violation

Jail Time? [ 17 Answers ]

My father who is 68 got a Dui in 2003, he then got caught driving on a suspended licence. Then his licence was revoked in 2006. He was 3 weeks away from getting his licence back and got pulled over on his way home from work just recently. Does any one know what he can exspect to happen? He is...

First time felony am I looking at jail time? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site, and saw all the questions and answers, and felt as though it could possibly help me some. So any input anyone has is greatly appreciated. My question is at the end of February I was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of criminal trespassing. I went to court on...

Jail Time [ 2 Answers ]

What crimes automatically give around 4 months jail time

More Probation time or Jail Time? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently on 3-year probation for , identity theft in the third, 3 counts of reckless endangerment-2nd,false written statement and reckless driving and leaving the scene. The driving charges are separate from the Identity theft charge. Recently two detectives came to my home questioning me in...

View more questions Search