Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wifekids Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Employer background check
    Hi, I have work for a hotel for 8 years and a new management company is taking over.
    Every employee would have to have a background check done. I've not graduated high school. I'm a little worried that I will be terminated. Do anyone know what a background check will uncover?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 14, 2008, 05:21 PM

You have nothing to worry about if you don't have a criminal record, or never been arrested, etc.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2008, 05:32 PM

Well Actually it depends on what they are checking. For example if you lied that you had a HS degree, the check may show you don't. And that could get you in trouble.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Dec 15, 2008, 08:28 PM

Scott is correct. Also it could be an issue if you have lied about prior work experience, but mostly it is a check for criminal activities as swifekids notes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background check [ 3 Answers ]

When a background check is done by an employer prior to hiring, what shows up? Crimes committed in only that state, or every state? Thanks!

Background Check [ 7 Answers ]

My husband had a road rage incident last Dec and was issued 2 citations. We paid the 600.00 tickets and thought that was it. Now, after working at a job part time for 9 months a full time position opened. He applied and got the offer. Well, that is till they said there was something on his...

Background check [ 3 Answers ]

I am curious can you pass a background check, if you are under 18?

View more questions Search