Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skydive4life Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Dec 14, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Newport cigs
    I live in Illinois and I heard a rumor from some of my friends that newports are going to be banned after the 31st. Is this true because I've tried to research it online and couldn't find a single thing about it.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2008, 02:29 PM

Newport cigarettes have been around for years and years. I used to smoke them back in the late 1970's early 1980's. I think the rumor you heard was fake.

Dec 14, 2008, 02:31 PM

Yea I could understand them getting rid of all menthal since they consider it more attractive for kids. But I couldn't see them getting rid of just one brand of menthol
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 02:43 PM

Nah,could you imagine what their lawyers would do to stop ONLY their brand being banned?

And then the other tobacco companies would have to really consider some kind of class action(all of them banding together to fight something which might jeopardize their own brands)
    n1wud Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 03:56 PM
    I hope not, that is the brand that I smoke and have smoked for about 25 yrs now.

Dec 14, 2008, 05:30 PM

I'm not to worried about it cuase if Illinois does ban it I live so close to Wisconsin that I can just drive over and get myself a carton if I have to
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 05:49 PM

It isn't going to happen.

Want to bet it doesn't? I live in Illinois,I smoke,marlboro would go ape e over a thing like this,I would make sure of it... lol
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Dec 23, 2008, 06:34 AM

This sounds like some idle gossip.
    I haven't heard anything about this and we own 4 cig and beer stores, but not in your state.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2008, 07:12 AM

Often companies may or may not continue to market some products in some areas due to sales volumes. But just in case, better stock up, or maybe time to quit anyway

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoking cigs [ 9 Answers ]

I've been smoking for about 3 years now I'm at about a pack a day give or take depending on what I'm doing and how I'm feeling. I would love to stop just because its such a bad habbit but its not as easy as you'd think haha. I tried the patches and gum and those things are horrible does anyone...

NewPorts 100 / NewPort Kings [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find NewPort 100 Box and NewPort Kings for $25.00. Or less. Please help someone. Our mayor of New York feels that residents of NY should not smoke. To snatch away our right to smoke NewPorts; well that's the kind I smoke, anyway he helped pass new laws against smokers. I don't care to...

View more questions Search