Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yogiP Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Still suffering from root canal
    Hi
    Well, here it is going on day 5 since I had a root canal performed, day 3 of being on an antibiotic.

The pain has somewhat diminished but now I'm experiencing a tremendous amount of pressure on that side of my face and gums and the tooth itself. (upper back molar). Feels like my face is just going to explode if that makes any sense to any of you experts out there.

I am seeing my dentist on Tuesday, but neither the ibuprofen or antibiotic seems to help relieve the pressure.

I am considering just getting the stupid thing pulled. I've been in pain for so long now... since the intital "new filling" which was back in October that its just dragging me down... how many advils can one take?? /
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2008, 01:08 PM

Your root canal should have solved your problems. Apparently it is something else going on in the tooth. Possibly the tooth was cracked and the hairline crack is causing you all the pain and discomfort. If you feel you can live without the tooth, have it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Root Canal gone bad [ 13 Answers ]

I had a root canal about a year ago, the thing is I still feel pain and the tooth is very sensitive to the touch which confuses me as my endontist/dentist extracted the root. I have gone to him to explain he looked at it and took x-rays but he could find nothing wrong he said I must just give it...

Root canal [ 2 Answers ]

I had a re-do on a root canal on my upper right no.2 molar last one in back, wisdom teeth have been extracted. X-rays showed a cyst or pocket of infected area, or something. Re-do was successful though pocket area did not drain. I have had trouble focusing with my right eye before re-do and since,...

Root Canal [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There I just had the first part of a root canal done today... you know the part where they make a nice big hole in the tooth and take everything out... I have a temporary filling for now but I was wondering if there is anything special that I could do to "baby" this thing so there are no...

Root canal [ 2 Answers ]

I am on antibiotics for a root canal that is infected, it still swells and is uncomfortacle when I lay down at night. I had it exrayed , it wasn't cracked looked good, but is it bad since it won't get better at night. I have a temporary crown on it and when it swells is hits my bottom teeth is that...

Root Canal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a root canaled tooth, #11, that is bothering me. I have had it for over 6 years. I got it xrayed and it showed that the post had fractured the tooth above the gumline. I was not given a choice of options on this, only to extract it. I don't want to do this. I know it can be saved somehow....

View more questions Search