Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 11:21 AM
    He should be charge as an adult.
    Don't you think this guy should be charge as an adult?Also, the mother should be charge to because she assisted in the neglect of her child.

In Syracuse New York 20 month old Imani Jennings was beaten and left for dead by her 18 year old mother's 15 year old boyfriend who went to school after beating her. It seems that the Mom and the boyfriend had been leaving this child ALONE all day long with a glass of milk and a bowl of chicken nuggets while and then they went off to school.Because this darling child went to the bathroom on the floor, the 15 year old daddy-wanna-be beat her severely.He is facing less than 5 years because of his age. This is NOT a small "boy".He is rather a > good sized kid whom one would think was 18 - 19 years old. This child was a small child. Standing up she may have come to just above his knee in height.

He beat this innocent baby for over an hour... he had to have known how hurt she was when he left her to go to school. He deserves 25 years to life... not the "be out in 4 years" crap. He took a life with no remorse and showed this baby no mercy, Why should he be show him any? He BEAT this baby so bad that her own mother didn't even recognize her? The police and investigators were coming out of the house with tears streaming down their faces.. and they still want him to charge him as youthful offender because he is 15? He is old enough to know right from wrong and he is old enough to know that beating a baby like he did would end in her death.

My friend has started a petition in hopes of having him charge as an adult and I hopes it work.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Don't you think this guy should be charge as an adult?Also, the mother should be charge to because she assisted in the neglect of her child.

In Syracuse New York 20 month old Imani Jennings was beaten and left for dead by her 18 year old mother's 15 year old boyfriend who went to school after beating her. It seems that the Mom and the boyfriend had been leaving this child ALONE all day long with a glass of milk and a bowl of chicken nuggets while and then they went off to school.Because this darling child went to the bathroom on the floor, the 15 year old daddy-wanna-be beat her severely.He is facing less than 5 years because of his age. This is NOT a small "boy".He is rather a > good sized kid whom one would think was 18 - 19 years old. This child was a small child. Standing up she may have come to just above his knee in height.

He beat this innocent baby for over an hour....he had to have known how hurt she was when he left her to go to school. He deserves 25 years to life....not the "be out in 4 years" crap. He took a life with no remorse and showed this baby no mercy, Why should he be show him any? He BEAT this baby so bad that her own mother didn't even recognize her? The police and investigators were coming out of the house with tears streaming down their faces..and they still want him to charge him as youthful offender because he is 15? He is old enough to know right from wrong and he is old enough to know that beating a baby like he did would end in her death.

My friend has started a petition in hopes of having him charge as an adult and I hopes it work.

Yes, it's horrific but in NY the difference between juvenile and adult crimes is at the discretion of the DA, based on the proof including intent, understanding, type of crime.

I see a Petition having no effect on this case. The Onondaga County DA is accepting emails on this case if you have questions concerning the charge. He's had to pretty much defend himself all over the Internet, speaking on the Law.

Same when Joel Steinberg beat his (adopted) daughter to death. Petitions flew all over so that he would face the death penalty or life imprisonment. It was not in the eyes of the State a death penalty/life imprisonment crime.

In this case - the mother was crying because she didn't recognize the child following the beating? Evidence appears to indicate that this was not the first beating and she never stepped in and stopped the abuse. Is anyone concerned about what should happen to her?

And the daycare provider who "thought there was abuse" but never bothered to report it - and has now also been criminally charged?

It appears that this was not one incident and the boyfriend is not the only guilty party here - he may be the most visible, though.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 01:02 PM

My friend knows a petition might not change anything but she is willing to give it a try.

To be honest I think the mother should be charge as well because she did nothing to protect her child and played a role in the neglect as well. She isn't innocent because she did nothing to protect this child and it's sad that this child live in misery up until her death. Her tears to me is an insult.
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2008, 01:37 PM
    My friend knows a petition might not change anything but she is willing to give it a try.

To be honest I think the mother should be charge as well because she did nothing to protect her child and played a role in the neglect as well. She isn't innocent because she did nothing to protect this child and it's sad that this child live in misery up until her death. Her tears to me is an insult.

Instead of a Petition I would ask people to e-mail the question to the DA - why isn't he being charged as an adult.

No one is going to take the time to verify a Petition. They very well may verify email addresses and accounts so it may matter. If all else fails at least you'll be heard. The DA is elected so he will pay attention. He may not be able to do anything - it's the law - but he will hear people's outrage.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 02:00 PM
    Cases like these, I just don't have the stomach for. I just can't handle this.
    They should all be charged... keeping your mouth shut can be deadly, here is proof.
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2008, 02:12 PM

If your friend wants to do something, here's another thought. This day care provider was licensed in the State of NY. On behalf of everyone who has a child in day care, maybe writing the licensing agency is a good idea - express concerns as a mother and so forth. Right now no one is too sure about how often this woman's facility was inspected, if she was insured and so forth - maybe this is a good time to find out.

With them - a Petition to raise the standards and do random physical inspections is not a bad idea.

New York Office of Children and Family Services
    Bureau of Early Childhood Services
    52 Washington Street
    Room 338 N
    Rensselaer, NY 12144
    Phone: (518) 474-9454
    Fax: (518) 474-961

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charge off [ 3 Answers ]

I got a phone call today from a company saying that my cc was charged off because of late,missed payments. They told me I needed to come up with 3 grand by the 21st of this month and if I din't I would have to get an attorney to settle this for me. Does anyone know how this works and what the law...

Can she charge? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has POA on my father he is disabled she also takes care of my mother.My sister her self is disabled with receiving a ssc for disabitly. My question is this she never wants to spend none of there money on them just bare ness. the only thing my other bother and sisters can think of is that...

Do they have the Right to be in charge? [ 19 Answers ]

Why does the governernment have the right to be in charge? To even exist? I didn't agree to be Australian, I didn't vote to say "lets form a government" so why should I have to follow their rules, even acknwoledge their existence? Who in the first place, in history, actually said "Thats it, im...

Charge of? [ 1 Answers ]

On one of my credit report one credit card said charge of? What does that mean?

Under Or Over Charge! [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Know If The System Under Or Over Charge Without Using The Gauge.

View more questions Search