Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rakey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2006, 10:26 AM
    Removing old showerhead
    I have been trying to remove my old shower head (using two wrenches, etc) but it isn't budging. What else can I do?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 9, 2006, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakey
    I have been trying to remove my old shower head (using two wrenches, etc) but it isn't budging. What else can I do?
    Take the whole assembly out. Put your pipe wrench on the chrome shower arm and see if it unscrews counterclockwise. The shower screws into a drop eared ell just inside the wall, (see image) and once they are out go to a hardware store and replace both the chrome arm and the shower head. Don't forget to wrap the threads with Teflon Tape. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Pipes [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing a bathtub in my home. The water spout just keeps spinning on the pipe nipple. I was going to replace the pipe nipple but it looks like both ends have major corrosion going on. I cannot unscrew the nipple from the tee fitting. Any suggestions on loosening these parts so I can...

Removing Symantec... [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried to reinstall Nortons 2003 and I got an error, it's looking for the orton Aniti Virus LABEL (whatever that is, thinking it's the original CD) but I have this burned copy of Nortons that I just in case I misplace or break the original copy (with I happen to do), no I can't reinstall the...

Installing weird showerhead [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased a Monsoon handheld showerhead at Home Depot, but when I got home to install it, the existing pipe in the shower was like none I've ever seen. There is no threading into which to screw the new showerhead - just a pipe coming out of the wall with a "bald ball" on the end. The old...

Old showerhead stuck [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, we wanted to put a new shower in the guest bathroom but can't get the old fixture off. It was an old waterpik style handheld with metal attatchment to pipe coming out of the wall. In trying to get the metal nut(I guess that is what it is) off it seems as if the pipe is bending so we quit......

Removing xp [ 1 Answers ]

I want to remove xp and install me back on my system for a couple months, how do I go about it Thanks

View more questions Search