Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hwelch099 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Zoologist information
    I am trying to help my daughter with her science project and was wondering what kind of education does one have to have to get a degree in zoology. And do you work a lot in zoos or in vet clinics. Are there any one type of animal that you specify in or do you have to have knowledge about a lot of different animals even endangered.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 13, 2008, 04:48 PM

Zoology doesn't really have a lot to do with zoos, it is a complete study as explained below:

Definition: What is Zoology?
    Zoology is the branch of biology that concerns itself with the study of animal life. Zoologists primarily study animal form and function, evolution, genetic diversity, and interaction with the environment.

Similar Programs to Zoology
    Zoology programs are most closely tied to biology, animal science, botany and environmental science programs, although they are also related to chemistry, physics, marine biology, biomedical sciences, experimental medicine, molecular biology, ecology, entomology, veterinary science, fisheries, aquaculture, and wildlife conservation programs.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2008, 01:08 AM

Hi, hwelch099!

Clicking on the following search might also be of benefit to you. I hope that it is.

Requirements to Be a Zoologist - Google Search

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm looking to become a zoologist. How do I start? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm currently in high school and I am interested in getting into zoology. I like working with animals, and a job at the zoo or saving/rescuing animals Sounds fun! How do I get started and what degrees are available for this field? Thanks guys, -MaGiC_DaN90

What would I need to do in order to become a zoologist? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 17 years old and a senior in high school. I want to become a zoologist. I plan on attending The University of Cincinnati to pursue zoology. I love animals and I want to work in a zoo taking care of animals. I don't know what field I should pursue or what classes I need to take. Could someone...

How to become a zoologist [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , My daughter wants to be a zoologist she is in her final year at school , is there any courses that she can take in college or would it be best for her to stay on at 6th form.:) :)

Tools of a zoologist [ 1 Answers ]

What are the tools zoologists use on the job?

View more questions Search