Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maiden usa Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Brrrr! No heat!
    Help, I think my heater has quit working, is there someone out there who can help me? I have a few of my ex-boyfriend's tools still. Maybe something easy that I could fix myself?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 13, 2008, 03:19 PM

What type furnace is it? Natural gas forced air, wall furnace, floor furnace, boiler(hot water),

What does it do. Nothing at all, anything at all. Please give a little more info and we will try our best to help. Make and model of furnace would help.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 04:21 PM
    What type of system is it?

Dec 13, 2008, 04:27 PM

It's in the basement, it has an air filter so I think it is an air furnace. There is a pipe on the top that goes to the forked pipe with the hot water heater and goes up somewhere. Does that sound right?
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maiden usa View Post
    It's in the basement, it has an air filter so I think it is an air furnace.
    Yes. It's a forced air furnace.

There is a pipe on the top that goes to the forked pipe with the hot water heater and goes up somewhere.
    That's probably just the vent. Because the furnace is burning gas (is it natural gas or are you on a propane tank?) it needs to vent the carbon monoxide.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 04:33 PM

Will the fan run?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 04:41 PM

Since when does a biology expert answer heating questions?

Dec 13, 2008, 04:41 PM

Nothing is working now, I pay for gas on my electric bill every month if that helps. It is set on 80 and nothing happens and it is chilly here.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 04:44 PM

Biology experts get to fix their heaters or be cold too.
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 04:49 PM

Try to locate the brand and model# of the unit. You might have to pop the front panel off and look inside. Post if you can find it.

Dec 13, 2008, 05:04 PM

On one part it says Bryant Plus 80 and on another part it says Walters with a phone number, I doubt anyone is there now on a Saturday night. It's getting colder in here but I am afraid to call some company who might rip me off because I am a single woman.
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 05:16 PM
    The Walters thing is probably a dealer sticker. You have a Bryant furnace but the model is still undetermined.
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 13, 2008, 05:22 PM

Check breakers at main panel to make sure none are tripped. Make sure thermostat heat/cool switch is set to heat. We will try to help, but if you have no knowledge or experience working on such things, it may be time to call for onsight help. May be as simple as lighting the pilot(if standing pilot). Please do let us know how things work out. Good luck.

Maybe you could take the front covers off the furnace and take clear pictures of the inside of furnace, the more the better.

Dec 13, 2008, 05:26 PM

I found a sticker inside with a model number. It looks like 3B3KAV060100. Does anyone know when the experts are online?
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 13, 2008, 05:28 PM

Most companys will not rip you off because you are a single woman, in fact they may try to help you and give you somewhat of a break(if they have a soul). But most likely you will be charged the same as anyone else. Time, travel, and material. There is really no need for them to even know that you are a single woman. Just call, tell them that your furnace is not working, and see how soon they can come fix it. Betting it is a simple fix and won't cost too much. Best of luck. I would start by calling Walters. They are most likely the ones that installed the furnace, so should have experience working on them.
    heim1964 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 05:43 PM
    It sounds like you have the same furnace as me, I know very little about houshold hvac, but the last time my furnace quit all together I replaced the igniter and that took care of it. I would make sure your thermostat is set to heat also, and you could try shutting it off, then on and see if it starts.
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 13, 2008, 05:59 PM
    I found a sticker inside with a model number. It looks like 3B3KAV060100. Does anyone know when the experts are online?
    Ouch, that hurts, lol. Im online right now. If the other experts can help you more with the info you have given, I would call them Gods.

Dec 13, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    Ouch, that hurts, lol. Im online right now. If the other experts can help you more with the info you have given, I would call them Gods.
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean you weren't an expert, there is a thing at the bottom of the topic page that says experts with 3 names. I thought they might be some sort of official experts or something.

Dec 13, 2008, 06:07 PM

Northernheat, hvac1000, and Keepitsimplestupid. Who are they?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 06:16 PM

Lmao@GODS

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aux Heat stays on on Robertshaw 9620 controlled heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

The batteries died on one of the 3 Rbtshaw 9620s on my heat pump system. When I changed them the unit would not program, so I reset it to factory settings. Now it is programmable, but the zone it controla does not respond, and the AUX electric heat stays on. Anyone know what's up? Had to throw...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Hunter 44155C Wiring - A/C turns on during heat cycle or heat will not shut off [ 0 Answers ]

Trying this again with the correct thermostat specs. Sorry, guys! It's a Hunter 44155C and the wires I have going into it are: White - W/B Red - Rh Green - G Yellow - Y1 Jumper from Rh-Rc

Advantages of converting from propane heat to electric heat for home use [ 1 Answers ]

When is it an advantage to convert from propane heat to electric heat in a residential home? Also could you give me a rough idea of what it costs to make this transition? Thank you. :confused:

View more questions Search