Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agbosche Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Lethargic Cat After Vaccinations
    My 6 year old female cat had her annual vaccinations yesterday. Today she is very lethargic and growls when we try to pet her. I don't remember any of my pets acting like this after their shots. Will she get over this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by agbosche View Post
    My 6 year old female cat had her annual vaccinations yesterday. Today she is very lethargic and growls when we try to pet her. I don't remember any of my pets acting like this after their shots. Will she get over this?

I can't speak for cats but my dog always gets lethargic and somewhat unhappy after her distemper shot. She gets over it after about 48 hours.

What does the info from the Vet say? My Vet prints the side effects as well as the "if this happens, call me" info on the bill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CNA Vaccinations? [ 2 Answers ]

Im training to be a CNA (Certified Nurse Asisstant) and I was told to get vaccinated, does anyone know what vaccines I should get?:confused:

Puppy Vaccinations [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Michigan and I am wondering if anyone can tell me what vaccines I can and cannot administer myself to my puppy. I am pretty sure that Rabies is the only one I cannot give my dog. Any help? Thanks

Cat Vaccinations [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter just had to have her 2-year-old (previously healthy 23-pound) cat put to sleep. He was fine until she took him in two weeks ago to have a physical. They gave him distemper and rabies shots. Two days later he became lethargic, refused to eat and was just generally not himself. He spent...

How important are vaccinations? [ 30 Answers ]

Okay, for all you dog experts. When I took my puppy boy to the vet for Rabies and Parvo, the doctor really pushed other vaccinations. I am curious if these are necessary for an indoor dog. He only goes outside to potty, for walks, and car rides, any other time he is in the house. I don't really...

Puppy Vaccinations in UK [ 1 Answers ]

Here puppies have 2 vaccinations about 2-3 weeks apart. So do they both contain the same ingredients and in the same amounts or not?

View more questions Search