Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 06:22 PM
    13 yr old Chesapeake Bay Retriever won't eat
    Dottie our 13 yr old Chesapeake Bay Retriever will not eat. About 5 days ago she would not use one of her hind legs. She is now using the leg but seems very shaky when she walks. She has now stopped eating and wants nothing to do with any kind of food. She is still drinking water but will not eat anything. Could this be her age or something else.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2006, 05:31 AM
    Hi,
    First, may I suggest NOT using your real email address for your ID here, or at any site. If this is your real email address, you have given it out to everyone who reads your question!
    OK, now about your dog.
    PLEASE take your dog to a Vet. I am not a Vet. This could be symptoms of something serious, especially the limp; or might not be. Only your Vet can tell what it is, and might have to do some blood analyses and/or X-Ray to see if anything is not normal.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    allozier Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2006, 06:20 AM
    I have had the same problem with my 9 yr old lab (read my earlier post on this subject) take your dog to have blood work done on him. My dog was diagnosed with canine addisons disease. She had pretty much the same symptoms that you describe except it was her front legs bothering her.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2006, 09:59 AM
    It is very unusual for a healthy dog not to eat all it needs. A dog that has eaten well and suddenly quits likely is sick and needs to see the vet. Could be something simple.

A long term picky eater may just be over fed. See
    http://www.puppychow.com/products/po...condition.aspx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New Lab/gold.retriever puppy won't eat [ 9 Answers ]

On Monday I got a mix of a lab & golden retriever. He is about 10.5 weeks old according to the papers they gave me. He has had shots and is supposedly wormed. On Monday just after we got him home he seemed to be fine. He was mild and laid around a lot. I started mixing his food from the shop...

Golden Retriever looks sick [ 3 Answers ]

About a month ago My wife and I found a Gold Retriever on the side of the road playing. This was a few miles from anything. We think he's a few months old. He has been really a good dog, not counting the usual puppy accidents. That was until this morning, we went out to feed him and he lost at...

Golden Retriever not eating... fussy? [ 2 Answers ]

:( Vegas, our golden retriever , has been sick. He will be 5 in August. He got sick over Memorial Day, he wasn't really eating. After a vet visit and blood test one vet said he had a thyroid problem and needs medication for it and we could see where to go from there. Well my husband wasn't too...

View more questions Search