Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtehrhardt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Where can I buy a ceiling fan motor?
    I'm looking to make a ceiling fan out of an old propeller. Does anyone know where I can purchase a suitable motor, like an Emerson K55XL?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 13, 2008, 09:07 AM

Wouldn't that be kind of dangerous, using an old propeller ?
    jtehrhardt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 12:12 PM
    It's not much different than standard ceiling fan blades. It's a wood propeller with two paddles.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2008, 03:41 PM

eBay, I suppose. There's a parts supplier online that sells NOS GE stack motors similar to the K55 but I don't remember the link.
    1099669 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Dec 16, 2008, 05:53 PM

Have you tried Lowe's? They do not stock this kind of item in there stores, but I am pretty sure they can special order almost anything. Go to the commercial sales desk and ask for assistance
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2008, 09:50 PM

Lowe's won't have this type of part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan Motor Hum [ 3 Answers ]

I installed two Hunter Bay San Marino 36" ceiling fans with lights. They both work fine, except there is a noticeable motor hum when the fan is turned on low and gets noisier when switched to medium and high. Will low 110 VAC do this? Thank you. VChang

Ceiling fan motor noise [ 10 Answers ]

We just installed a Hunter ceiling fan with a separate remote. All seems to work fine, but there is a motor noise. Is there any way to stop this?

Ceiling Fan Motor [ 2 Answers ]

Installed a new ceiling fan a month ago. Everything was working fine (except for the excessive noise when fan was rotating at a slower speed). Last night the highest speed setting was not working, medium was working fine, low was working fine. The highest speed setting was rotating at the medium...

Corrosion on a ceiling fan motor [ 1 Answers ]

My fan powers up but does not spin. After taking the fan apart I saw that there was corrosion on a couple of coils and 2 wires are split. It looks as if the wires shorted out and flash burned a small part of the motor coils, along with the wires. Can this motor be fixed and/or made to work...

Ceiling Fan Motor Noise [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed 4 ceiling fans (2 Hampton Bay and 2 Hunter) and experienced the same thing. A humming sound from the motors on all of them. I used 12G wiring and spliced into 12G existing wiring in the attic. The mfrs don't understand why - one has asked if I have enough power going to them. ...

View more questions Search