2002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 04:35 AM
    Calculation of conductor size for different current load
    Please give me answer
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Really?

Assuming you're an engineer in training, I would like to believe that engineers are very detailed in their communications.

Please provide much more detail to your question, as what you have provided is not nearly enough.

Need:

Conductor material
    What type of " current load".
    Supply voltage

Just for starters.
    0723124615 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 09:42 AM
    Hi, I have a new air compressor machine (atlas copco) which is need for operation.
    Details:45kw,83amps,415volts.
    What is the right conductor size to use if conductor material is copper and machine
    Position is 15metres from the power source.
    sathe1963 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Sep 3, 2009, 06:54 AM
    Minimum 50 sq. Mm. Of copper 3 core, pvc insulated cable

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conductor size for 30AMP wall mount a/c outlet [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to install a dedicated circuit to wall mount a/c, with the following details; single receptacle, 40' run, from distribution panel direct to outlet box, Have not acquired a/c unit, when I do, I will install adequate amperage breaker according to manufacturer's cut sheet. In the meantime...

Adequate conductor size for art studio/ apt. [ 6 Answers ]

Converting detached garage to art studio/ apt. What is recommended conductor size to bring service from separate meter based on following:(1) approx. 70' including vert. run in 2' pvc, buried 2' to top. (2) anticipate 150 amp panel (3) My wife wants;tankless water heater, stove/oven,...

Range wiring - breaker and conductor size [ 4 Answers ]

This weekend I will be wiring a 120/240v 8,800 watt range (oven with 4 burners on top). My questions concern wire and breaker size. I've asked about this before and I still cannot determine the best answer. I understand that under the NEC, the minimum sized circuit for a range is 40 amp, using...

How am I going to size my 3 phase X'mer with 1 phase load using current as reference [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm Peping: I have 90 pieces of single phase loads with current of 2 Amperes. This will be loaded to a 3 phase transformer, Wye connected having a line to line voltage of 220 Volts. What will be the size of the transformer required for the mentioned loads? Many thanks, Peping

Service conductor wire size [ 1 Answers ]

I am wiring a two-unit apartment that previously had fuse boxes for services. I am installing a two meter box outside to supply separate 200-amp rated main circuit breaker panels, one for each apartment. The calculated load for one apartment is about 102 amps, the other about 132 amps. What minimum...

View more questions Search