Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    homeworkgirl Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 12:27 AM
    Are all young guys mom's boy
    Before twenty-five, earlier or later, are all young guys mom's boy? I am afraid of mom's boy. I got hurt by my last boyfriend because he is that type. And now with my boyfriend, I am very afraid he is that too.
    How much should a normal young guy listen to his mother or the rest of family?
    When my mom said she didn't like my last boyfriend, what I told her was that "I master my future. You can not decide it for me." At that time I was 19. But my last boyfriend was not like me.
    I hate mom's boy. And I am afraid of them too. Is there one young man who didn't listen to mom, who would like do things opposite to his family's will to be with a girl?
    Starbucks21 Posts: 282, Reputation: 23

Dec 13, 2008, 12:56 AM

Yea pretty much... I think Fraud has a theory about that actually.

I think it's if they cling most to the mother they're straight because that's the gender they prefer to be close to or something...

Should have paid more attention in psych class

There are unusual levels of cling though that may be a bit of a turn off
    Starbucks21 Posts: 282, Reputation: 23

Dec 13, 2008, 12:57 AM
    It's like daddy's little girl

(also this isn't the same if one parent for some odd possibly horrible reason a parent is missing)
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 01:21 AM

Many young men do listen to there moms. And it also depends on what the girl wants to do

My girl at the age of 18 wanted me to move to south africa.. and work in a chruch..

Thank god I didn't go. As I am so much better off. Stopped me from making the biggest mistake of my life
    As she cheated on me 4 weeks later on LoL.

Most momma boys have there own views and will power. Don't mistake being mommas boy for not doing what they want.

Some people just listen to there parents
    You just have to find a balance
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 13, 2008, 02:02 AM

I have a little bit of a different take on this. How are you defining a Momma's boy? Is it someone that will drop anything with you, cancel plans, as a rule take his mothers opinion over your own, disrespect you in front of your mother, gets anxious when his mother gets upset, can't stand up for himself and lets mommy do it for him?. etc! Or is this simply a guy that loves his mother, and respects her, and her opinion and feedback, and wants to make sure his mother has the best in life? There is a HUGE difference between the two!

If it the latter of the two, you would be crazy to not encourage the relationship between him and his mother. A man that respects his mother, is more likely to treat you right also! So don't judge the so called "Momma's Boy" too quickly!
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Dec 13, 2008, 02:41 AM

Well for me I have had no choice to pick one parent as my dad died several years back but I am pretty sure that I would have listened to my mom more anyway. Moms just have a way of being able to make things make sense to us guys and usually they have a higher stock of trust with us so we just usually believe what they say.

Also I think you might have the mommas boy thing blown out of perportion... Most guys will still make their own decisions. They just respect what their mom has to say that's all. At least as long as they are not listening to their mothers every whim it should be OK to tread that ground again and if your having a problem with the latter of the two why are you dating those kind of men in the first place?
    homeworkgirl Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 03:05 AM

I didn't know why I dated him in the first place. I know now it was a mistake, a big one. I was hurt badly. But without him, I won't meet my boyfriend today. So I was meant to love a wrong person in the first place.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 13, 2008, 03:09 AM

Homeworkgirl, I'm glad you saw the difference between the two. If the guy looks like he tucks his tail between his legs, and asks how high he should jump when she snaps her fingers, then no, stay away. If he loves and respects his mom and tries to do things out of a deep respect for her... there's your guy! He was probably taught to respect women in general! I always look for a guy that respects his mother.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 13, 2008, 07:08 AM

I think it's a mistake to judge all guys by the one your with, and have bad memories of. That will do you no good in the future. But in the whole wide range of guys you'll find one you like if you just take your time, and get to know them. Its really that simple, and like fish, if its not the one you want, like you want it, throw it back.

That's where many of us have the problem, we get attached to the wrong fish, and have a hard time throwing them back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Brother won't leave mom's house after mom's death [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My mother died recently. My brother is the executor of the estate. He lived with my mother prior to her death. The will clearly states that of all of mom's posssessions go into an estate, get sold and then be evenly distributed among six siblings. My brother is refusing to put the...

Young Guys this is for you [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's been a lot of post lately by young females saying that there men just aren't into them anymore or there sex drive has declined etc etc, So here's my question Why are you not giving us girls whom you supposivly love and can't live w/o the attention we need why are you occuping all your...

Older Women & Da young guys [ 4 Answers ]

I really like older women-older then me twentys,thirtys, and even early fourtys. I'm a grown man but I got that baby face so when I go to try and talk to an older honey they response sometimes is I'm to old for you and mostly you to long.So my question is what can I do or say to these ladies when...

View more questions Search