Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Dec 12, 2008, 11:33 PM
    Juvenile sex law
    In Texas, what are the details regarding juvenile law and sexual harassment or something of the like? No physical contact, but REALLY obscene texts and ims between a 12 and 15 year old. Can something be done legally? Both are willing participants, but obviously the mother is none too happy about it.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 11:40 PM

Step One: No computer or cell phone until the child is 18, or at least 16.

Step Two: Is contacting the other parents an option, may be easier to control with their assistance.
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Dec 13, 2008, 12:54 AM

The phone is gone... computer is off limits...

The problem is the mom has been concerned for a couple of months... has previously told her daughter not to talk to the guys, put time restrictions on the phone, they figured out she couldn't call out but he could call in, so she blocked the number, so they figured out they both have aim on their phones... now the phone is gone, myspace password changed, etc. The daughter is sneaky and knows probably more than I do about sex, but we are pretty confident she hasn't had sex yet. They are looking at changing schools to change the scenery, putting her in therapy, etc.

The mom wants to scare the crap out of her since nothing else works, she can't trust her, etc. She wants to let her know that he can get in trouble for what he is doing, and the daughter will look it up, so it has to be true. I don't think the mom actually wants to go that far and charge the boy or whatever, but she needs to let the daughter know that she can if it progresses.

I have researched but the closest I can find is a California law that kind of fits. I want to find out whether this is in fact criminal and if there is an age span (like more than 2 yrs, for example) that is in place that would make it illegal even if they were both minors.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Hello smoke:

The KEY is sex. IM'ing ISN'T sex and there's NO law against it. IM'ing ISN'T harassment. Being obscene ISN'T against the law either.

I don't know WHAT to tell you to do. All I know is that what they're doing ISN'T against the law.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Juvenile conviction [ 2 Answers ]

My 14 years old son was arrested after he and his friend was caught burglary and grand theft at a nearby school. My husband and I signed and agreed for him to follow a case worker for 3 to 6 months as his probation. During this period, he will also do community service as required. I was told if he...

Juvenile law [ 2 Answers ]

Can a juvenile record be used against me as an adult

Juvenile record [ 1 Answers ]

Does a juvenile record in Oregon follow you into adult hood? When age 16 I stole my grandmothers car and succeeded to wreck it totally. I did not have a driver license. Grandmother reported the car stolen. Now at age 32, Oregon will not issue me a driver license because I stole the car and...

Juvenile offenders [ 1 Answers ]

What are constitutional rights that adult offenders have in their criminal case, but juvenile offenders do not?

Juvenile records [ 20 Answers ]

I was arrested when I was 15 for shoplifting they took my picture and my fingerprints. I was told to do community service which I never did. Now when I go to apply for a job they never call me. I think is because of that. People say it erases when you are 18 others say it doesn't. How long does it...

View more questions Search