Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gingerrogers77 Posts: 54, Reputation: 3

Dec 12, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Can Current Tenant Get Current Special Move-In Rates?
    Hi Guys:

My mother is living in apartments in Kissimme, Florida since September 2008 and the complex now has an offer for a 2/2 for $625.00 for a year's lease. My mother's payment is at least $100.00 above.

Does she have any legal stand to try and get the lower price? She has asked me and I don't truly know...

Also, she was charged another dollar for her current rent because the management states the rates for water has gone up!

Thanks for your help...:)):)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2008, 08:08 PM

Nope, incentives offerred to new tenants are not available to existing ones.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2008, 08:53 PM

No, sorry, but when the time comes to renew she should fight for a better deal
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 06:09 AM

When I lived in Florida there were always specials to entice renters to move in. When you sign a lease, you are basically stuck with whatever monthly rent is stated in your lease until renewal comes up. The management was just trying to fill the place up and lowered the monthly rate. Happens in Florida all the time, nothing new. As far as the dollar for water, that's pretty reasonable considering the cost of water in Florida is and has been always high.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Current transformer - short time withstand current [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, For ring-type (window-type) CT, do we need to size the CT short time withstand current at the same or above the system short time withstand current (short circuit level)? Any reference/technical explanation? Thanks!

Current tenant apt being forclosed. Help please [ 4 Answers ]

I have read other scenarios similar 2 mine and tha answers. (he only difference with my problem is its and effect now. I received a letter and tha mail addressed to the heirs and legatees of my lanlord. I assumed that would be me so I opened it and it read Notice of Sale. Said there will be an...

Tripping of ac mcb on dc current below its rated current [ 2 Answers ]

Please let me know why ? MCB rated for 240/415VAC, 6Amperes trips on 5 Amps DC current at 24VDC voltage level Ambient operating temperature: 32 ° C MCB Designed for ambient temperature of 55° C Why MCB should trip:confused: ?

Suing both current & former tenant [ 5 Answers ]

Irecently posted this question under "Small Claims" and it remains unanswered. I realized that this is, in fact, not a small claims case. It is one that will go in front of a jury--it is just regarding a small claim--appx. $3000. Maybe someone can shed some light. Thanks in advance! Hi, I am...

View more questions Search